NHL

Darque

They've been hot for months. Atlanta is just the first victim. Unlike last play offs, the Rangers didn't come in shattered. Don't for Atlantans. I can see Atlanta bounce back in next play offs like the Rnagers did.

P.S. The Atlanta coach is a moron. He obviously didn't learn from Renney's retardedness last year. You don't trash your number 1 goalie because of one dissapointing game, and then expect him to bounce back for you in game after benching him.

P.S.S. Despite the Rangers' success, the referees should be ashamed. Way too many times the Thrashers were trying to CRIPPLE Avery and no call was made. Does he have to bleed literal buckets?

Bah.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ottawa stole both games on away ice in Pittsburgh. Held Crosby off the score sheet entirely tonight in a 2-1 victory. Once again, the penguins couldn't manage to put together a full 60 minutes. They did take it to Ottawa in the second which is a change. They have improved to -4 in second period scoring with a goal tonight. (Outscored 6-2 in seconds periods in the series) It was pretty even for the first 10 minutes of the third period, but once Ottawa scored, Pittsburgh just couldn't seem to get going on the rush. They kept turning over the puck in the neutral zone.

Ottawa now has a 3-1 series lead over the Penguins going back home for game 5.

EDIT: Looks like one of my predictions will be officially declared to be wrong tonight when Anaheim sweeps Minnesota. The rest of my predictions are still valid...

Edited by Deraldin

EDIT: Looks like one of my predictions will be officially declared to be wrong tonight when Anaheim sweeps Minnesota. The rest of my predictions are still valid...

Don't count out the Wild just yet! No sweep for you Prongerweinermeyer!!

Although watching the highlight reel right now it looks like I missed another chippy playoff game.

And go Canucks!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Go Minnesota! Earn daddy some money!

Not very likely, but I really believed Minnesota (with their tight defense and Gaborik) would have a chance against Anaheim (tight defense but not so high scoring.. I thought..).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't count out the Wild just yet! No sweep for you Prongerweinermeyer!!

Although watching the highlight reel right now it looks like I missed another chippy playoff game.

And go Canucks!!

Booyah! They are still in it! Come on Wild! I know only like 2% of teams have won from your position, but I believe in you! :sorceror:

Calgary came out and won a game on home ice. So far that prediction has been accurate. I told you guys Calgary needed a couple games to get going. It was a very entertaining game. I saw most of it. Missed each of the goals in the third period. :sorcerer:

Listening to the radio guys for the Canucks games is fun. Complaining about how boring the games are then they hit the 3rd and they're screaming like madmen.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Here's hoping your team doesn't come out flat in the first game of the second round, Volo.

As much as I didn't like Scott Gomez tying the series in overtime, I have to admit that was a pretty nice goal. Go Tampa!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

As much as I didn't like Scott Gomez tying the series in overtime, I have to admit that was a pretty nice goal. Go Tampa!!

Arg! I have Elias and Gionta but not Gomez. The goal didn't even have any assists! ARG!

So far tonight I have:

1 point from Gionta, Rafalski, Michalek, Thorton

2 points from Zajac, Miller

3 points from Drury (Bonus for game winner)

Edited by Deraldin

Let's talk about that Gomez goal instead. Just a beautiful no look shot. Those get me every time.

And I came across this picture of Lord Stanley's Most Holy Grail in an unrelated thread at another board. The lovely young lady is the Cheerleader from Heroes.post-7948-1176952533_thumb.jpg

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sure, the Pens may have only won a single game in the postseason, but you really have to admire the way this club has rebounded from about a decade of mediocrat©y. They've got some real budding stars on the club, a new arena deal in the works, and a great regular season under their belts. I bet a lot of the kids playing their first NHL postseason learned a lot of lessons in the past five games.

And damn you Calgary!! I hate you so!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Stupid Minnesota! There goes my bet.

Gaborik tried at least. I thought he'd be like qui8ksilver in the play-offs: impossible to catch. He only scored 3 goals in 4 games. YES, that's only when it comes to Gaborik!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And damn you Calgary!! I hate you so!!

No, it's the Canucks that should be being cursed tonight! The only Canadian team that didn't win. :thumbsup: A 0-0 tie until overtime? How often does that happen?

And they say Turco can't perform in the playoffs. Just because his team never makes it deep in the playoffs doesn't mean its his fault.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So sad to see you go home early, Nashville. Dumb penalty by Forsberg in the last minute.

And a decent comeback attempt from the Islanders. I won't be suprised if Ryan Smyth has a new address come September.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Turco was pretty bad last year. He's definitely turned it around this year, but unfortunately he's up against a similiarly dominating goalie.

Woohoo! Sharks won much easier than I thought they would against Nashville. What really amazed me was how dirty the Predators were playing. They had three game misconducts, and a series of bad penalties. I know Forsberg is chippy, but he made a ton of bad decisions out there. This was a talented team, too, so it's a shame that they couldn't try and rely on that talent. You can't win games from the penatly box. I kinda feel bad for the city of Nashville, but then again, they don't even sell out during the regular season.

They are 5th, so the Detroit/Calgary series has a lot to do with it.

If Detroit and Vancouver win, they play Detroit.

If Calgary and Vancouver win, they play Vancouver.

If Detroit and Dallas win, they play Anaheim.

If Calgary and Dallas win, they play Dallas. That is the only one that gets them home ice advantage.

I'm starting to regret not taking Turco as my goaltender in my pool. -2 points for each loss, 2 points for a win, but 5 points for a shutout. Even if he loses the next game he still would have gotten me 7 points. If he wins that would be 11 points. But who knew that Turco would have three shutouts?! >_<