Restricted Area - Impressions?

Fionavar

I just picked this up in a bargain bin for 5$ - anyone have any impressions/experiences? As I have not yet installed, please try to keep me innocently naive with the use of the spoiler tag, if there is a need to post spoilers ... :aiee:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I just picked this up in a bargain bin for 5$ - anyone have any impressions/experiences? As I have not yet installed, please try to keep me innocently naive with the use of the spoiler tag, if there is a need to post spoilers ... :aiee:

I help you:

JUST PLAY IT, AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION F!

Anything else could have a bad effect on your emotional world when you start the game after others infuenced you.

Glad to be of help. :)

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

hehe fair enough jorian ... I would still be grateful for any discussion. Since I did buy, I do intend to play it ;)

I know, I know. But don't make the game less with knowledge about it, I always say a game counts twice if you don't know what to expect from it.

I always buy 1-2 games per 2 months without really looking at it, and i already found a lot of them what i loved after playing it, this was it with Septerra Core, after playing and finishing it I realized how great it is, and it was good that all minutes of it were a suprise to me.

IB1OsQq.png

You might check out this recent thread at Octopus Overlords - no guarantee on spoilers; I don't remember.

I only played a preview version. I thought it was an interesting little Diablo clone with nice art scifi art but bad animation. The actual campaign is quite short - you play the same basic storyline but from the intertwining perspective of the four different characters who sometimes cross paths. I hear the gameplay gets more interesting with the latter characters, so you may want to miss the first guy (Johnson?) and just play with one of the latter ones.

It was developed by 2x guys, so don't expect too much, but it's fine for some action at $5.

Edited by Dhruin

:cat:

In any case, I have to go with Dhruin's comment. The game is a nice variation of the Diablo formula and the excellent artwork and setting do score high in my book, but at some point you'll realize it's just really Diablo all over again but not as well developed. The story isn't that great either, but if you're really into the game, replaying it with the other three characters will allow you to experience all of it. I really didn't get to spend much time with it as I wanted but from the demo and what little I managed to play from the official version, 5$ doesn't seem like a bad deal, though being the arrogant prick I ocasionally am I'd only get near it if it was closer to 2$.

It looked too Diablo-like so I avoided it.

I hate Diablo.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If nothing else, for 5 bucks you can't go wrong.

That's typically the way I'd see it too.

If you don't like the game, the investment was minimal. If you love it, then it was a steal of a deal.

I think my impressions were a lot like other people. I started off enjoying the game, but it just started to wear thin as I played through the demo.