How would you rate the NWN2 OC?

roshan

Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details

I thought the multitude of suggestions and feedback from the older D&D games would make Obsidian give us a lot more choices in the game. I'm sure a game from 2006 can surpass the dialogue options we had in say BG2, but sadly no. a) me help you b) giev monay!1 c) roar i'm a insane psychopath dieee, arent my ideas of a good dialogue options nowadays.

Still off-topic post from me but what did you expect? It is cRPG! :p

I was surprised how well I could roleplay in this game (I'm particularly fond on complex characters although I play other kind of characters too. I blame NGE.Psychothic halfling isn't very deep character :huh: ) even though it is "just cRPG". So far NWN2 has given me some of the roleplaying moments ever.

Playing evil still sucks though. How I can make an evil, manipulative bastard when all the evil options are like "Not my problem but I could use your stuff. Prepare to die".

*sigh*

Oh, and you should be able to attack mister and miss nobodys. Psychotic halflings need their killing sprees <_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And since when is having a opinion of your own a bad idea? Must I kiss my henchmen a** to make them talk?

I never really understood this complaint. I mean, saying stuff to make someone trust you in order to have them talk to you isn't really all that unlike reality.

If someone doesn't really like you, why should they talk to you about stuff they don't want to talk to you about?

I never really understood this complaint.  I mean, saying stuff to make someone trust you in order to have them talk to you isn't really all that unlike reality.

If someone doesn't really like you, why should they talk to you about stuff they don't want to talk to you about?

Disagreeing with someone about say a tavern brawl or complementing a tavern dancer means he isnt to be trusted - even tho you spent several months of adventures with them, from saving them to saving their furry friends,dwarves, etc ?

Yeah, okay. "You're right Elanee, nature looks wonderful today/" [Gains +1 influence]. Followed by slaughtering every animal in a 5 mile radius without even a word from the druid.

Oh, and you should be able to attack mister and miss nobodys. Psychotic halflings need their killing sprees <_<

I made psychotic human fighter in NWN once. I killed everyone I could in chapter one. Only some kids and plot crucial NPCs survived. When the second chapter started I was greeted as hero of Neverwinter. My experiment ended there.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Disagreeing with someone about say a tavern brawl or complementing a tavern dancer means he isnt to be trusted - even tho you spent several months of adventures with them, from saving them to saving their furry friends,dwarves, etc ?

No, it means the person is somewhat less trustworthy. Loosing one point of influence is not the same as instant dislike. If I go from +20 to +19, it's hardly noticeable.

Unless you're talking to Elanee and haven't been able to get her to open up about her test. That dialog thread requires 20 influence, so 19 will get you nowhere. Not sure about losing a point after talking to her, though it makes little point then. (I never lose influence with her.)

20 was an arbitrary number, didn't know where actual thresholds were. It still doesn't really change my point. She will only share that piece of information with someone she trusts implicitly and thus if you do something to disappoint her, you'll have to work that much harder to compensate. I still think it makes sense in regards to how real people work.

To a point. A real person's thresholds vary according to how they're feeling from moment to moment. I'm more likely to share something of myself if I'm in a good mood than if I'm in a bad mood. Perhaps one threshold will rise while another falls. And so on. The game is on the right track, but it's still too rigid. Elanee always fully opens up at a threshold of 20, no matter what, and that's always based on my actions, never hers or someone else's.

Games are becoming more and more advanced, so it won't be long before such things are standard fare. Something to look forward to.

Like I said, I just role play my character as I see fit based on alignment and if he or she agrees with the NPC. I am not aiming for a threshold point or anything along those lines. Such as I gained a chaotic point and influence points with Qara for agreeing with her that instinct and experience outweighs book learning, even though my character is Lawful for book learning has its place but actual real experience is the only real way of making sure what you have learn works.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think that that is a large part of the issue.

It seems many people go in with the goal of roleplaying a Lawful Good (for example) character, so if they get any Chaotic/Evil points, they overanalyze the circumstances and start complaining, because their lawful good character should apparently never get evil/chaotic points.

Hey, in one of my PnP games I had a Lawful Good Paladin serial killer going around. Yes, he was vanquishing evil, and killing what he deemed as evil, all according to his alignment and beliefs but it went against the ideals and values of the party, who themselves had a LG monk, as well as the city government.

Man, that was a kickass fight. In the end the paladin was slain and his holy avenger shattered.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"