Shuffling off

Walsingham

The Irish famine was only one example.

I tend to think dispossessing the indigenous peoples and supplanting them English landlords qualifies. Basically England annexed her neighbours, going to war with them should they dare to revolt, and taking what she wanted from them, when she wanted. I'd call that "prolonged hostility and ill-treatment".

Fair enough. History is all about interpretation, after all.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I think if we're going to talk about the potato famine and Ireland then that would be another topic. As for persecution I think intent does matter. I don't know much about early Irish history so I can only point at something i do know about - the Boer War. Many Boers get quite emotional about how bad conditions were in the concentration camps (yes, we invented them) used to 'drain the pond' of supporters for the Boer guerrilla campaign. It is quite possible to point at the conditions and feel outraged. But what people seem to miss is that the Army, who was responsible, ran its OWN camps for its OWN soldiers in scarcely more organised and effective fashion. Incompetence, and insensitivity were the crimes, not conspiracy.

But back on topic, I am afraid I do love Blighty, even if I'd swap it for other places if Blighty fades away.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Interesting article!

Although too many Brits are expatriating to the U.S. and stealing our women with their charming table manners and upperclass sense of sophistication. Or at least that's what I've gleaned from watching several American romantic comedies.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I steal your women by having a cute butt. :aiee:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Interesting article!

Although too many Brits are expatriating to the U.S. and stealing our women with their charming table manners and upperclass sense of sophistication. Or at least that's what I've gleaned from watching several American romantic comedies.

I steal your women through favourable monetary exchange rates and cheap US prices.

haha, upperclass sense of sophistication. Most British men think that farting a tune is the height of comedy.

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I steal your women through favourable monetary exchange rates and cheap US prices.

Henceforth known as the 'Kroney' method.

-Elwood Blues

it's a good thing that Madonna is married to a Brit, isn't it?

O Ya! The US completely pawned her off at just the right time. Enjoy!

Maybe we can get Micheal Jackson to marry the Queen or something

I knew it! We DO have a security leak!

-Elwood Blues

Kate Beckinsale married an American and is living in the US. All is right in the world.

I know that one hurts alittle

It bloody kills me. She's my perfect woman.

I swear she's only married to that guy because she hasn't met me yet.

When she does, I'll woo her back with my favourable monetary exchange rate and a healthy dose of cheap plonk.

Dirty deeds done cheap.