If you are too lazy to support widescreen..

Fel

Title/Decription. I hate these lazy ass developers who are too preoccupied with their bathtub full of 100 dollar bills, that they can't include widescreen support. At LEAST get windowed mode in there. Jesus, Dice managed to do that.

This is pointed at KOTOR II pc btw.

Edited by Fel

Dear Fel,

Thanks you for taking the time to express you concern about widescreen support for KotoR 2. Might I suggest that, in the future, you choose to use language that is less argumentative. In this way you may people more inclined to assist. I will leave this thread open, as I suspect there may be someone out there who may in fact be able to help you.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Was wide screen ever supported in the KotOR games?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Unselect Full Screen in the in-game settings.

Or, go Full Screen = 0 or whatever in nwn.ini in My Documents/Neverwinter Nights.

I havent tried the setting myself, but it should work if it's there.

edit: oh, and 1.02 appeared to add widescreen resolutions to the game. No?

Edited by Tigranes

Or, go Full Screen = 0 or whatever in nwn.ini in My Documents/Neverwinter Nights.

I think it is talking about Kotor2, not NWN2 >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think it is talking about Kotor2, not NWN2 :)"

I have tried editing the .ini for the widescreen, and windowed mode, and it doesn't work.

Sorry for being so rude, but this is really starting to piss me off, it makes the game almost unplayable, and KoToR is one of my most beloved games.

I can understand having a set in stone release date, and you don't have the time to configure widescreen, but comeone, i'm not a developer or anything, but putting in a window mode should be really, really easy.

[ Sorry for being so rude, but this is really starting to piss me off, it makes the game almost unplayable, and KoToR is one of my most beloved games.

It's Ok to vent a bit every now and then, if that is what it is, and people cool down after the venting :)

Just out of curiosity, how does it make the game unplayable? I didn't have a widescreen available when I played the game (and I played it alot :"> )

Does it distort the screen, or does it just look odd with big empty spaces on the sides?

I'm asking because I use a (widescreen) laptop these days and intend to reinstall the game once the TSLRP is finished.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I understand how you feel. As far as I know there are only two solutions.

Either use your graphics card's control panel to fix the aspect ratio. For me I go into my nvidia control panel, go to "Change Flat Panel Scaling" then check "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio" which adds black bars to the sides of the moniter giving the game a 4:3 ratio instead of my usual 16:9.

The other 'solution' would be going to www.widescreengaming.com and looking up and downloading a hack they have. I tried it once but it caused some awkward problems with the icons on screen. Don't be afraid to try it though, as I've also had no problems removing it and they give good instructions.

I simply use my graphics card control panel settings to add the black bars. Not the solution I'd like but better than having full screen with massivly wide characters.

Interestingly, some games, even when distorted, still look good stretched. I think the IE games, like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape games all look fine stretched.

More and more people are buying widescreen moniters and it drives me :) when they don't offer support out of the box for it.

"Also, where would that option be for the 68000GT? I would love black bars."

You should have an NVidia Control Panel. Just click on Start on the desktop, go to Control Panel then open NVIDIA Control Panel. It may be a bit different depending on what version of the drivers you are using, but I click on Display, then click on 'change flat panel scaling'. I then click on the option 'Use NVidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio'.

Title/Decription. I hate these lazy ass developers who are too preoccupied with their bathtub full of 100 dollar bills, that they can't include widescreen support. At LEAST get windowed mode in there. Jesus, Dice managed to do that.

This is pointed at KOTOR II pc btw.

How long has KOTOR2 been out? Seems to me that when you update your PC, there is always the risk that you are going to have issues running an old game. Have you tried playing Baldurs Gate recently? I did and my characters were blazing across the screen so fast that I didn't bother playing it.

When I bought my current monitor I consided getting a widescreen monitor. But, I didn't just because I thought there would be issues like your describing. Maybe next year I'll buy the widescreen.

Oh and btw, writing rude messages just makes you look like an ass. Not the developers. Obviously the Obsidian rep can't tell you this so I might as well.