NWN2 Contest

Jorian Drake

great, my idea is now bashed and kicked. It seems all is lost and the idea is bad

I guess i will withdraw it from the contest tomorrow

No no Noo NOOO! Not entirely "bashed and kicked", it just lacks some.... creativity.

You should replace "dark Goddess, evil chosen whatever stuff" with "Happy Flowers", "Japanese War mechs" or "Marmorkuchen", and you'll see, everything starts making sense. Trust me.

PS: That Marmorkuchen bit is just some suggestion from my Grandma. She promises to vote for your module if you mention at least Marmorkuchen once. Yes, yes.....

Have you all gone nuts or what? Please stay on-topic!

marmorkuchen? :)

:(

Anyway, thanks for the support guys, especially Meta, who said they are asking their pals and create alts to vote, I see this contest is a joke. So whatever happens now, I think I will still create it on my own...or if I am lucky with a team i don't want to name yet :aiee:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Oh, don't worry, Jorian, I always cry for the week and the battered and the proudly-Hungarian.

PS: I didn't actually vote against your little doohickey, mind you; I couldn't spring myself out of my usual well-to-do complacency for enough time to both gather grub and register on obscure nerd-grottoes. Still, I did read your little review (and cringed and stuttered and so on) - 3 things: a) it's a huge, massive, earth-swallowing cliche and about as interesting as my poor, old mum's weekly enema, b) it might make for decent satire, and c) your English is quite, uh, rough, I suggest getting one of your net-buddies to fix things up and make it more enticing to the average fantasy buff (ie, lots of fancy, pretentious words, social anxiety, and pasty elf boobies).

Oh, don't worry, Jorian, I always cry for the week and the battered and the proudly-Hungarian.

PS: I didn't actually vote against your little doohickey, mind you; I couldn't spring myself out of my usual well-to-do complacency for enough time to both gather grub and register on obscure nerd-grottoes. Still, I did read your little review (and cringed and stuttered and so on) - 3 things: a) it's a huge, massive, earth-swallowing cliche and about as interesting as my poor, old mum's weekly enema, b) it might make for decent satire, and c) your English is quite, uh, rough, I suggest getting one of your net-buddies to fix things up and make it more enticing to the average fantasy buff (ie, lots of fancy, pretentious words, social anxiety, and pasty elf boobies).

right, thanks <_<

but you atleast explained your opinion :(

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Surrender!

Anyways, when does the contest end so I cna try your module before then!?!

it's not about the contest, the contest is only about ideas, I alreay have some data and much costum content, but the actual module itself isn't ready yet.

I need some people to work with, currently working right on that. to get a team.

Or: that i join a team ...something will happen, but not sure yet what.

I decided that I WILL create it one way or the other, whatever happens at the contest. :D

IB1OsQq.png

PS: did anyone actually listen to the songs?  :thumbsup:

I have a link in the 3rd comment for them.  :thumbsup:

I did, and liked them very much, particularly Winning the War. I don't generally mod my games (MOD to me will always be an Amiga music format :'( ), but I think adding good quality original music is a very nice touch. Thanks for letting us have a listen.

PS: did anyone actually listen to the songs?  :thumbsup:

I have a link in the 3rd comment for them.  :thumbsup:

I did, and liked them very much, particularly Winning the War. I don't generally mod my games (MOD to me will always be an Amiga music format :'( ), but I think adding good quality original music is a very nice touch. Thanks for letting us have a listen.

Thanks that you like it, will mail comments to Dan :unsure:

IB1OsQq.png

Ok, on reflection and upon request, I've decided to prune this thread a bit of off topic things.

To some: Please be respectful of others and their views, what can be a joke to some can be hurtful to others.

To others: But at the same time realize that some people aren't trying to offend you intentionally.

Carry on. :blink:

Seeing that noone else voted on their own idea, i asked maximus to delete my own vote.

Now I am on the lowest score I guess in the contest, but I don't care that much anymore, would have been nice to have a box with autographs, but that would only be possible now if lots of people would vote high.

I think I really understand now what mod making is about, even if I don't get any award i still decided to create it somehow, sometime. :(

IB1OsQq.png

:(

"As I always say:

Climb every mountain

Ford every stream,

Follow every by-way,

Till you find your dream.

(Sings) A dream that will last

All the love you can give

Every day of your life

For as long as you live.

All together now!

Climb every mountain

Ford every stream...

"A verybrave Kevin Phillips Bong there ..."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Seeing that noone else voted on their own idea, i asked maximus to delete my own vote.

Now I am on the lowest score I guess in the contest, but I don't care that much anymore, would have been nice to have a box with autographs, but that would only be possible now if lots of people would vote high.

I think I really understand now what mod making is about, even if I don't get any award  i still decided to create it somehow, sometime.  :lol:

I voted for you jorian.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I think I really understand now what mod making is about, even if I don't get any award  i still decided to create it somehow, sometime.  :-

I voted for you jorian.

IB1OsQq.png

I made the module content a bit more specific (after requests and low scores because of this ;) )

It's already on the second page.

(Yay! (w00t) Maybe I don't win the contest but I will have the longest list of comments...yeah, half of it are from me, but who cares. :) )

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I'm on the 25th place from about 50 contesters, there's still a small hope to get into the 20, even if I don't get the autographed box. ^_^

I'm quite happy how the admin there looks upon the contest, and checks the voters and their votes. He gets most fake ones, but I somehow think it would have been better to make the contest not votable, and that only the admin and the 'site-team' would have been voting on the ideas. :aiee:

Anyway: I am not the last one anymore, yay! :D

PS: My only small saddness is that not many did actually DL the music :aiee:

IB1OsQq.png