What are you playing now?

Darque

There are some bugs in M2TW.  The biggest one is sometimes the AI is passive and just stands there.

Some people seem to have it happen to them an awful lot (I have heard numbers as high as 70% of the battles), but I've only had it happen twice.

Some of the chaps over at Total War Center made some mods to take care of some of the bugs.  It seemed as though some last minute changes during the crunch broke some stuff.  But it seems like the patch is due to be out soon, so that's good news.

Even with the bugs, I'm having a blast playing the game.  Captured the Holy Land with the Scots!

This is definitely the next game I'm buying, but probably not until I'm through my current game of NWN2. Hopefully it will be nicely patched by then.

(Although many of the patches for Rome seemed to have lots of unintended consequences, fixing some big problems, but creating other seemingly-unrelated smaller ones.)

(Although many of the patches for Rome seemed to have lots of unintended consequences, fixing some big problems, but creating other seemingly-unrelated smaller ones.)

That's the nature of all improvements in a complex software project.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fallout 2. A depressing game for a depressing mood.

One could argue that only serves to exaggerate the problem.

Misery loves company.

Wow, that sounds bad :(

Still playing NWN2. Trying to make that treacherous wench Elanee stay in my party this time >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's the nature of all improvements in a complex software project.

True, but they seemed more noticeable in the gameplay for the R:TW patches than I've seen in other games.

Edited by Enoch

Fallout 2. A depressing game for a depressing mood.

One could argue that only serves to exaggerate the problem.

Misery loves company.

Wow, that sounds bad :lol:

Still playing NWN2. Trying to make that treacherous wench Elanee stay in my party this time :-

Wait - Elanee can leave? When, where, how? :lol:

manthing2.jpg

Wait - Elanee can leave?  When, where, how?  :-

When she meets her Circle (IIRC, Act III).

That circle I slaughtered?

NO WAI!1

What triggers it, Diamond? Does she fail the influence check or something? I can't see her actually turning on you (like the other druids), so if she joins them then I'm guessing they don't attack you, right?

manthing2.jpg

Medieval: Total War II has lots of bugs, then? Because Rome: Total War didn't. :p

From which version did you start playing? From 1.0 to 1.5 the game a had a heckload of bugs, possible the worst being that faction AI would be reset after eveyr loadgame. So, armies would stop sieging cities suddenly, because the Ai was recalculating it's relations with other factions, alliances would fail for the very same reason, etc. The Ai also was rather abysmal back then. Only the Britons made naval invasion, etc.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds