One More Time in the Gamecube

Diogo Ribeiro

(With apologies to metadigitial)

So I accepted mkreku's suggestion (though I'm not sure he even remembers it) and am going to purchase Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube. I'm also going to get Psychonauts for PC, and Koji Korimoto's Memories on DVD.

I might order something else but am not sure at the moment. Most of what I want is still too expensive, and the genre I'm into right now - action adventure - doesn't seem to be particularly prominent or good either on the PC or Cube.

I've heard nothing but praise from the game, and I'm pretty excited to find out just how much of it is deserved. This Wikipedia article really seems to ring true:

Psychonauts

Despite being a critical success and being highly innovative for a platformer, sales for the game were deplorable - the game sold less than 90,000 copies on the PC, Xbox, and PS2. The game led to troubles at publisher Majesco, including the resignation of its CEO and the plummeting of the company's stock, prompting a class-action lawsuit by the company's stockholders. Many gaming experts believe that this game is the "poster child" for the recent failures in innovative games. Its poor sales have also been blamed on a lack of marketing coupled with a high-end, $50 price tag.

Edited by Role-Player

Not to forget that it took them ages to release it in Europe, by the time it was available in the store, the hype was long gone and it went straight into the bargain bin thus losing them tens of thousands of customers.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Action Adventures huh?

Psyhonauts (incredibly funny and the best writing I've seen for a very long time, though some silly jump-puzzles may make you grumpy)

Beyond Good & Evil (Jade and the talking pig ftw!)

Tomb Raider Legend (best animated ass of all times!!!!)

Call of Cthulhu (silly leveldesign, everything else is awesome)

Action Adventures huh?

Yes. I've noticed the PC doesn't really have that many of those, and only a few are good.

Psyhonauts (incredibly funny and the best writing I've seen for a very long time, though some silly jump-puzzles may make you grumpy)

Ordered and salivating for it :thumbsup:

Beyond Good & Evil (Jade and the talking pig ftw!)

Own it, currently replaying. FAJITAS!

Tomb Raider Legend (best animated ass of all times!!!!)

I never liked Tomb Raider and after this review, I think I may well avoid the entire series. Warning: contains profanity.

Call of Cthulhu (silly leveldesign, everything else is awesome)

In queue :(