NWN2: Toolset Issues

ograx

Where do I post/report problems with the NWN2 toolset?

Problems I am having are that the water trough placeable makes the ground in about a 25 foot radius unwalkable.

Second problem is the wooden fences can sometimes be walked thru.

Edited by Fionavar

Ok I'm updating my list of found problems with the NWN2 editor.

1.The problem with not being able to walk in a module when a water trough is placed is not reserved to just the water trough.I have also found 2 of the water pumps to create the same problem.

2.Some fences can be walked thru.It is not particular to a certain fence but the wooden ones are the only ones I've found the error with.(Not all wooden fences are afflicted and the ones afflicted are placed in the same way with the same distance and height, etc.)

I don't know whos doing the patching of NWN2 so is this the best place to post this?

I know Atari has the technical section in their forums but I figured the Developers would do all updates and patching as they know the game better than anyone.)

Sincerely,

Ograx Longshanks III

Edited by ograx

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone in Obsidian for making such a AMAZING game! I've keep playing it over 48 hours and i'm still  (w00t)  .

I tried to make my own MOD for this game, but accidently the "Area" windows is disappeared, and i don't know how to bring it back. Anybody please adivse.

And maybe you can add "Save Layout" Function to Toolset?

Thanks~~  Supports Obsidian 4ever!

P.S: Sorry for bad english..  :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I have a problem. When changing the color of Armor in the Armor Set window, certain armor types like full plate 0 and the cool leather one with all the pouches and such thats the default for Bards, unless you change the color in the Tint section of the properties, and not in the Armor Set properties, it just reverts back to the tint colors. This should be fixed.

Also, when changing parts such as shoulders, shins, ets. it resets the camera view whenever you switch parts. This is annoying as the default camera view is not very functional.

Also, the default light in preview windows should be in front of the subject, not behind, as where it is now just makes the whole front covered in shadows and you can't see what anything looks like.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Still waiting for a solution `bout my problem.

Toolset's Layout can not be reset?

Reset? Hells, my problem is that it doesn't save my layout. I want all my properties windows to be about 4x as wide as they are with the preview window tabled beside it, but whenever I close a properties window, back to that tiny little thing. And whenever I open the toolset I have to manually make it fill my screen, it always opens in this thin bar across my monitor. If your problem is that bad just restart the toolset. Opening a module doesn't automatically open an area, you have to manually open those though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oerwinde:

I don't know. I think you can try to modify the attributes of those files belongs to Toolset. Maybe some are marked as "Read-Only" maybe?

My layout can be saved but my question is if some window is disappeared becuz mis-dragged, i guess they are gone forever. So i must put all the elements in ONE map.....

Somebody please help.

Now I've been completely :joy: about NWN2 since I got it and as I did with the first I played long enough to get me drooling and then dove into the toolset. The camera is wonky, but I've managed to work around it, sort of, and a lot of the values are a little strange at first but I've gotten the hang of it and am in the process of creating my own world.

But I've got one problem that I didn't notice until I ran a test of my first area...

when I loaded up a female character and placed her in armor, everything was out of whack! I should say female dwarf, really. The shoulderpads of the armor I had created for that particular clan of dwarves was way the heck over her head.

Did I do something wrong or am I just :crazy:

You can just alter them like with K2, although you will need Nvidia's plugin for *.dds file format to be able to do anything with them in Photoshop. The textures are found in Data/Nwn2materials.zip

People begun altering meshes before the game came out, the problem is that since you cant re-rig the mesh, you need to keep your changes minimal since you might break the animation otherwise.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can just alter them like with K2, although you will need Nvidia's plugin for *.dds file format to be able to do anything with them in Photoshop. The textures are found in Data/Nwn2materials.zip

People begun altering meshes before the game came out, the problem is that since you cant re-rig the mesh, you need to keep your changes minimal since you might break the animation otherwise.

But not if UV mapped right? And what of models? Do you know of how CEP team might be restricted with actual models in NWN2 that they werent in NWN1?

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg