NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

Do you have any news on the Antialiasing problems or are not you disclosing any info on that at the moment?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

...heh...one good thing 'bout waitin' fer the game ta ship be that hopefully these li'l problems'll be ironed out in the meantime... :p

...oh, an' them pics kinda be a bit reminiscent o' TNO, but I wouldna call him a good stand-in...too bad there be no githzerai option fer the PC, as a Dak'kon character would be kinda fun ta play...mebbe in the mod scene, once it starts up an' runnin'... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

That doesn't like TNO at all to me. Sorry, Dags.

As for the tutorial. It was good for what it was. What i find funny is that it was pretty much set up exactly like NWN1 in order to test various aspects of the skills needed for the game?>

btw, Where's Sand to whine about the fact you gain two levels during the turtorial/prologue?

R00fles!

I don't see the point given you can have up to 2 levels right in character creation though the tutorial much better than the one in the original NWN and I felt like I earned these levels instead of being given them in the first game.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hey, what about that PnP game you had scheduled!? :p

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Who cares about leveling up two levels in the tutorial? :p What, you want to be real green when you go out in the big bad world?

I haven't leveled yet. Damned leveling for playing a drow.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

" I felt like I earned these levels "

Earned two levels by being in some easy tourney and dealing with pignastics? Hmm..

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...playing a drow.

Classic.

Everyone guess what Im playing? :p) (no, its not a drow you dolt)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A Tiefling Sorceror! :p)

..which is increadibly stupid since Tieflings get -2 charisma, but In CRPGs I tend to always play the sweetest looking models rather than powergame.

...nobody plays Half-Orc Barby's anymore...what's the world comin' too???... :p

...I hopes there be some nice two-handed axes in the game; me Half-Orc Barby'll feel naked wit'out one... :p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...nobody plays Half-Orc Barby's anymore...what's the world comin' too???... :p

...I hopes there be some nice two-handed axes in the game; me Half-Orc Barby'll feel naked wit'out one... :p

Hmmm... when I get the game tomorrow (hopefully) I might try that. :)

I've always wanted to play a pure combat character. :)

Good news for Obsidian/Atari: Game was sold out at 2 stores I asked at earlier this evening.

Bad news for me: Game was sold out at 2 stores I asked at earlier this evening.

Maybe there is something to this whole "pre-ordering" thing...

Pre-ordering is a good way to get a game you know will sell out. ;)

Judging by the feedback from those who have preordered NWN2, it is not true.

You mean those who pre-order online?

When you pre-order from a store like EB you almost always get it.. at least in my experience. :ph34r:

Oh you developers are funny guys. Real good sense of humour in here. I just love whoever it was that decided to put

80 billion thieves with sneak attack

in every area. ;)

I can't think of too many areas that have large numbers of rogues in them, besides the

bandit camp and a few of the thief areas of Neverwinter

, both of which make a lot of sense to have a bunch of sneaky people in them...

The

bandit camp

didn't bother me too much. I was down really low on HP by the time I cleared it out, but I managed to get through it without any reloads.

It was mainly the

warehouse and the informant's estate

that were killing me with groups of 6 or more rogues every 30 feet. :(

That's very strange.  Normally performance in the ruins is much higher than in the exterior.  Hmm.  Sorry I don't have any good tips on how to change that.

I have the same thing. Interiors, ruins or buildings, noticeably hurt my framerate. Not sure what my actual framerates are, but outdoor areas are smooth, while indoor areas have noticeable chopiness. :huh:

Impressions Day 2.

Save features.

No autosave from moving one area to the next? Why? A lot of games have that feature.

Why am I being prompted to enter a name when I wish to save a previous save game? If I am playing game called Gabby1, I go and save, then I should save under that current game name not be prompted to enter a name.

More forth coming.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

First impression:

The plastic was hard to chew through, tasted ok. Manual smells good. The installer is bugged and might ask you to free up 5.5gb on C: even if you install it on a separate drive, i will install if you click alot on the disk requirements button though.

Hmm, weird.. apparantly this bug* exists for Gothic 3 as well.

Dare I speculate upon a widespread scheme?

EDIT: *= Both the hard-chewed plastic and the disk space bug.

That might very well be a Windows API bug ... I've had that happen on a few apps before, over the years. (Both chewy plastic and incorrect drive requirements for the selected drive.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Impressions Day 2.

Save features.

No autosave from moving one area to the next? Why? A lot of games have that feature.

Why am I being prompted to enter a name when I wish to save a previous save game? If I am playing game called Gabby1, I go and save, then I should save under that current game name not be prompted to enter a name.

More forth coming.

There is an autosave, although I'm not sure just what triggers it. ;)

Look for a minute i'll put aside my frustrations with some of the aesthetic qualities of the PC's - seriously is anyone else kinda thinking what I am about the Hero movement like he/she has a broken wheel? And the spell casting animations look like a special olympian bowling? When my Tiefling cheers for example it looks like he's heaving hay bails not actually cheering. Just some odd amimations.

Maybe my biggest problem with NWN2 of all is the Buffs spells VFX - why is it 1 dimensional..like the Obsidian 3D guy in charge of those is 12 years old and just plopped some vfx on a circle shape and threw it on your hero to fire on cast. Remember the Spell resist buff VFX in NWN1? It was 3 dimensional and encompassed your body from all angles of camera. The buffs now are flat?..

;)

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg