Fallout 3 Lead Designer info

aVENGER

I am bitter because we aren't getting the FO 3 which Van Buren should have been.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If they are going to do voiceovers for everything, I hope they hire more than 3 male and 3 female voice actors :blink:

Ok, so I didn't complete the Oblivion, but the repetitions were obvious, even after a few nights of gaming. No bonus points for the sound part of the game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If they are going to do voiceovers for everything, I hope they hire more than 3 male and 3 female voice actors  :blink:

Ok, so I didn't complete the Oblivion, but the repetitions were obvious, even after a few nights of gaming. No bonus points for the sound part of the game.

But.. it had Patrick Stewart!!! WHat more could you possibly want??!! :(

(and Patrick Stewart ate 98% of the voiceover budget)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Replayability in a game like Oblivion is kind of a moot point though. If you like the game, you'll be playing it enough the first time that you will have gotten your money worth.

I think I clocked something like 150 hours, which is more than four playthroughs of KotOR. And there were still stuff to be done if I wanted to (didn't reach maxlevel, didn't clear all dungeons, but I think I did most of the quests except the Bark Brotherhood ones). You complain about a lot of things when it comes to Oblivion, but not getting your money's worth isn't one of them.

Vol, if you had quoted the last sentence it would have been taken drastically out of context. My post was a direct response to DR's post directly ahead of mine. Specifically "Nah must be replayable. I wnt my moneys worth gfrom a product. "

And all I was saying is that if you like the type of game Oblivion is, replayability is a non-issue because you will have been able to get more play-time in than you'd get from most games doing five playthroughs.

The only thing replayability does is add more hours to your game experience, and if you get enough hours the first time, then it doesn't matter.

Note that I'm not trying to say that Oblivion is a great game and that either of you two will like it. You know your tastes better than I do. All I was ever saying is that it's certainly worth the price of admission if you like that type of game.

Vol, if you had quoted the last sentence it would have been taken drastically out of context. My post was a direct response to DR's post directly ahead of mine. Specifically "Nah must be replayable. I wnt my moneys worth gfrom a product. "

And all I was saying is that if you like the type of game Oblivion is, replayability is a non-issue because you will have been able to get more play-time in than you'd get from most games doing five playthroughs.

The only thing replayability does is add more hours to your game experience, and if you get enough hours the first time, then it doesn't matter.

Note that I'm not trying to say that Oblivion is a great game and that either of you two will like it. You know your tastes better than I do. All I was ever saying is that it's certainly worth the price of admission if you like that type of game.

I like to try different races, classes, quest options, etc. If the game bores me the first play, I will not like replay that game to try what I said in the first sentence. My view of getting one's money worth from a game is being able to replay it a again doing different options compared to your first play.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.