Deus Ex

Dark_Raven

So you can technically avoid Gunther and Walton and simply run away from the fight?  I never even thought to try that.  That's what I get for thinking with my assault shotgun and not my head!  :wacko:

I know I avoided Gunther one time. I have always fought Simons, because by then....it was personal! :)

I have heard you can run from him. I don't believe he drops anything like a key. Navarre for instance is blocking an infinite strength door/lock, so she has to go. Hers is the most obvious.

Only guy who I think has to go is that dude at the missle base. I heard if you throw a grenade at Navarre she'll run through the door and open it, and you won't have to kill her. I don't know if that's true or not, but I know the dude at the missle base DEFINITELY has to go.

Edited by Jast

I think you can get through the game without killing anyone... unless I'm not remembering things correctly.

Go go stealth!

Though... I tend to kill everything.  :ph34r:

Kill kill kill! Die die die! Oops I hit a cop.... oh crap. :)

Killing is my business and business is good. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ah yes, I always forget about him.  Why did he need to die again?  Wasn't it because you couldn't get close to him, and he was going to launch a missile or something?

IIRC he starts tossing LAMs at you.

OMG I totally forgot about him. That little weiner guy. When I first played the game I thought he was going to have a bigger role, but he was really just around for that one mission. I thought that was a little strange: introducing a singular character like that so late in the game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think you can get through the game without killing anyone... unless I'm not remembering things correctly.

Go go stealth!

Though... I tend to kill everything.  :ph34r:

Kill kill kill! Die die die! Oops I hit a cop.... oh crap. :wacko:

Killing is my business and business is good. :)

Fan-tastic :)

How are you liking it so far? :)

Be the albino :wacko:

That's actually one of the cooler little things about Deus Ex (at least the first one). Your choice of appearance also affects your brothers'.

Also WHAT THE **** MY GAME NO LONGER WORKS.

Hmm, I'm installing my game again, but it appears as if the .exe files are opening as soon as the installer puts them on my hard drive, and it's crashing my install before it's completed.

There's something screwy going on here. And I want to play Deus Ex, damnit. :)

Edited by Pop

Get the PS2 version. :)

No more install problems. :)

I've never owned a PS of any kind :ph34r: Besides, my PS2 owning friend had Deus Ex, and I remember the inventory system being terribly clumsy.

Anywho, problem rectified. I realized that I had this problem before, with BG2, and that all I had to do was run the install files from my HD and end the .exe processes as they came up, and then the install unfroze and all was well. Works like a charm now :ermm:

Edited by Pop

The general would not be pleased. :o

:ph34r:

samcarter.jpg

I am not pleased.

So you can technically avoid Gunther and Walton and simply run away from the fight?  I never even thought to try that.  That's what I get for thinking with my assault shotgun and not my head!  :ermm:

The first time through I

carried the keg of explosives up from the submarine base (try it: you can climb ladders holding stuff in both hands :)) ) and threw it at him when he attacked me ... blew off both of our pair of legs, but I had regenerate, so mine grew back, but he was stuck like the Black Knight in a certain Monty Python film about King Arthur.

:lol:

Come back here, I'll bite yer kneecaps off!

:D

Ah yes, I always forget about him.  Why did he need to die again?  Wasn't it because you couldn't get close to him, and he was going to launch a missile or something?

IIRC he starts tossing LAMs at you.

OMG I totally forgot about him. That little weiner guy. When I first played the game I thought he was going to have a bigger role, but he was really just around for that one mission. I thought that was a little strange: introducing a singular character like that so late in the game.

howardstrong.jpg

Hey, I am not a weiner! I am Howard Strong, and you will quail at my name!

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

OMG Meta! What you did to Simons was horrible! Simply horrible!

I'll have to try it. :ermm:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, since it looks like i will be replaying Deus Ex again shortly, I went and tracked down the shifter mod. I thought I'd post it here as well.

This is a nifty little mod for Deus Ex. I highly recommend it but only for people who have already played DX to death and are looking for something new. It makes too many changes to the core gameplay for me to be able to recommend it to someone playing DX for the first time.

The last version I played was 1.3. This is 1.5.1.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/patches...erv151mod.shtml

I'll wait till the "Tenebrae" mod is finished. Then I've probably already forgotten most of the game it's like a whole new experience with the updated graphics.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've never heard of that one.

Linkypoo?

I really don't know. There was a thread about it somewhere here and I even think there was a link in this thread.

Basically, it's skin/model pack for Deus Ex that also adds a ton of graphical fixes and such. I don't know wheteher they've tinkered with souce code and added specular lighting and normal maps, but the screens looked pretty danm good back in 04.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

back in 04.

That was quite a while ago. Is it still being worked on?

edit: I found something called Tenebrae 1.04 but its a QUake 1 source code modification. DX used the unreal engine, IIRC, so don't think that's connected.

There's some sort of DX Mod called zodiac which appears to be some single-playh

er levels.

Edited by CrashGirl

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

Edit: Yeah, Tenebrae was the first of these kinds of mods, so it's often used as a hallmark and sort of catch-all term. Sorry for misconception. It seems the previous mod died, but this one has continued from where they left.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: