Prozac provides neurogenesis

metadigital

The article deals with fluoxetine supplied under prescription through medical channels, not the "vegetarian", "herbal" and/or "natural remedy" ineffective spam-fodder rubbish that deluges our inboxes.

:wacko:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've experienced something like this. I suffered a lot of depressive episodes as a child, and what they're describing is spot on. The episode spontaneously ended and it was like someone flipped a switch and retuned my vision. Everything become tremendously vivid. It's nice to know what may have been going on in there.

One in seix people will experience depression in their lives ... so if you stand in a queue, between the person in front of you, yourself and the person behind you, and their significant others, one of you WILL be directly affected by it.

Funny, some people do need two more holes in their head! :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

One in seix people will experience depression in their lives ... so if you stand in a queue, between the person in front of you, yourself and the person behind you, and their significant others, one of you WILL be directly affected by it.

Funny, some people do need two more holes in their head! :D

What can I say, I'm a team player. :wacko:

Hmm....interesting, and if it continues to hold in further tests, it would probably make certain patterns in my life sensical. What I'm always curious about is why areas of the brain get turned on and off like that, and why for some people like Nartwark it happens on it's own, and for others, it appears to get 'stuck' forever and does not. Not that I expect any answers anytime soon.

Of course, I'm not sure I want anyone drilling holes in my skull and putting electrodes in my head. I'm funny that way. Good for testing perhaps, but I hope in the long run they find a less invasive method to affect that area of the brain.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, it got me thinking about ways to send targeted electric current without invasive wiring. It would mean sending flesh-friendly energy to a specific, targeted point, and then causing this energy to become electrical and disperse into the area (at 4 volts).

But miniturization is ongoing. This is just a proof of concept. Nanotech could easily create a structure in the brain with minimum invasion.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am led to believe that the neurogenesis triggers a new phase of neuronal pruning after the creation.

There seems to be a measurable difference in neuronal activity, so I assume this would presume adequate blood supply.

:o

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am led to believe that the neurogenesis triggers a new phase of neuronal pruning after the creation.

There seems to be a measurable difference in neuronal activity, so I assume this would presume adequate blood supply.

:)

Is this scientifically documented? Cuz I know that obesity causes heart to be hypertrophied and in this condition the number of contractile heart cells increases, but as the coronary arteries are unable to enlerge to face the myocardial demand of blood effectively with the cells increased in number, ischemia occurs in time with the celss not fed and myocardial infarction occurs in time. Increase in the amount of cells may not be always useful.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.