Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel

greylord

I will compare a Fallout game to a Fallout game, and with Fallout 1 and 2 being the best Fallout games I will naturally base that comparison to them. That doesn't work for you and that is fine but it works for me. Like I said, we have different tastes and expectations in games.

I will compare a Fallout game to a Fallout game, and with Fallout 1 and 2 being the best Fallout games I will naturally base that comparison to them.  That doesn't work for you and that is fine but it works for me.  Like I said, we have different tastes and expectations in games.

how about comparing an RPG game to an RPG game, and a 3rd person hack and slash game to a 3rd person hack and slash game? its not like fallout is a genre.

Fallout is a setting and has its own rules system that governs that setting, therefore comparable to other games that use the same name. I take rules and setting in consideration first, then style and presentation.

Nick: Silly for you and Alan, that is true but for me not so. If you cannot accept that difference between us then there is no further point discussing this matter with you.

I gave my opinion on FOPOS then I was attacked for my opinion and you have continued your attacks while I state my views quite clearly and concise. It is you people who cannot seem to accept my views on the subject matter and thusly when I refute your claims that your expectations in games are not mine you simply won't accept it.

Your viewpoints work for you and that is great and I am not trying to convince you otherwise. You are right for yourselves but I am right for myself.

Edited by Judge Hades

Perhaps it is not a matter of refuted or debating - one's POV is not necessarily up to be changed, but there may be a place to see another's POV, even should you not share it. The difference is being able to hear another person without feeling their perception is an attack on your own. If we cannot discuss the topic at hand without civility, perhaps it is time to move on ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I got FO:BoS for cheap some time ago; I wanted to see whether it lived up to the (negative) hype or not. And I do like "Gauntlet" style games having liked the last Guantlet series (prior to Seven Sorrows) and Hunter: The Reckoning and so forth.

But to be completely honest FO:BoS didn't work for me; it felt like it was slapped together - either the production didn't have the time they needed or the project was hopelessly compromised from the begining but I found it very difficult to play through; I stuck it out just to say I'd done it and promptly sold the game back to the store.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm now tempted to get BOS, if only to be able to say I've played every Fallout game.

Why?

I don't feel I can make truely valid claims about a game if I haven't played it.

From what I've seen of ad's and screens it looks dismal, but I have to know for sure.

Trust everyone's negative input. It's an insult to the Fallout name.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.