EA for the win

LostStraw

Of course, it should be noted, that Madden can be bought on pretty much every gaming machine avialable. I saw one sales track where Madden 2007 has places #1 through #7 locked up. Impressive.

So, with all the cash that's rolling in from their sports games -- wouldn't that mean they're adding ads for extra pork instead of suplementing developement costs?

It costs a lot of money to pay for professional athletes to sponsor the game with their likenesses and names.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the second one was given to him, since he was refusing to buy it.
Ah, of course.

Say, did I tell you about that time the dog ate my homework?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

EA is awesome! Today, I'm gonna pick up Madden and NHL 2007 (even though I have my doubts abnout NHL 2007 though I'm getting it for 'free' by giving up 3 old games).

And, oh, Madden 2007 has sold 2 million copies in a week's time! WOWSERS!

GO EA GO!

On topic: In game advertising doesn't bother me unless it's overly intrusive.

Yeah awesome! Sports games! :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

:lol:

I don't understand you people. You sit there and whine and cry because I supposedly do not contribute to a topic and when I ask an honest legit question, I get stupid replies.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hey, I love the sport of ice hockey.

But I can't skate very well at all, nor can I fire a 100 mph slap shot.

The best I can do is floor hockey, since that doesn't involve skating.

It also provides the roots of basic competition. Not surprisingly, sports and competition have been around pretty much forever.

Edited by alanschu

Yeah this is the Middle Ages where adventuring is the top thing. Maybe there are dragons out there to slay?

Oh I know, post apocalyptic adventuring, except the bombs having fallen to create that scenerio.

FPS. Yeah lets go out and go on a killing rampage.

2010spaceships.jpg

I don't understand you people. You sit there and whine and cry because I supposedly do not contribute to a topic and when I ask an honest legit question, I get stupid replies.

Well, let's look at your question:

I never understood computer sports games. Why not go out and play a game of football with your friends?

Let's look at football. It consists of 11 versus 11 player action (assuming everyone plays ironman). Sometimes it's hard to get 22+ people together to play the game. It also allows the 140 pound hemophiliac to actively take part in a game like this.

I love basketball, but all my friends are not fans of it at all. The odds of me playing basketball with my friends is pretty much zero. Playing floor hockey, no problem.

Given I'm a huge fan of basketball, I love the tactical aspect of it. I don't really have the time (nor the money) to get involved at a high level that would actually involve a coach, I can get that experience (somewhat) through a basketball game.

They are also exceptionally easy games to get into. Most people have an idea of what the rules are of the game, and they provide a competitive atmosphere. They are some of the most fun MP games.

My roommate and I are currently playing through FIFA World Cup, where he created himself as a goaltender, and I'm a Right Midfielder. We get to play fantasy and pretend we're leading Canada to the World Cup Finals!

Their fast, easy to play, and fun. They don't have the hassle of trying to organize a game, nor the costs frequently associated with these sports.

As for the stupid answers, talk to Mr. Mooney about that.

Edited by alanschu