Goto and Fuel for Telos

After finishing Goto's Yaught, I went to Onderon before I spoke to Vogga about fuel for Telos. On Onderon I gained influence with Goto and agreed that dealing with the Hutts would be bad for the Republic in the long run. After finishing Onderon I went back to Vogga, hoping to procure the fuel. But all I get is Vogga's reply "I don't see Goto in chains bhind you".

Should I have finished the fuel quest immediately after Gotos Yaught?

Or should I not have agreed with Goto on the Hutts (I was only sweettalking him)?

Has anyone else had this proiblem?

This quest is unfinishable in the 'normal' game. There is a 3rd party fix for it if you're playing on the PC. You can find the link to that fix and more info in this thread.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After finishing Goto's Yaught, I went to Onderon before I spoke to Vogga about fuel for Telos. On Onderon I gained influence with Goto and agreed that dealing with the Hutts would be bad for the Republic in the long run. After finishing Onderon I went back to Vogga, hoping to procure the fuel. But all I get is Vogga's reply "I don't see Goto in chains bhind you".

Should I have finished the fuel quest immediately after Gotos Yaught?

Or should I not have agreed with Goto on the Hutts (I was only sweettalking him)?

Has anyone else had this proiblem?

That is likely if your PC spoke to Vogga only once. Usually have it, but not when my character asks him about securing fuel reserves on second attempt at conversation. Unless you have had it repeatedly in same game. Might consider it as another bug that has remained unaddressed.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I have the PC version, I have not downloaded anything from team gizka, and I have finished all the quests on Nar Shadda.

You have to do this planet perfectly, in the perfect order, in order to finish all of the quests. If you dont do it exactly right, the game will progress (you can tell by the cutscenes) and some missions will cause the problem you are having (instead of finishing the quest they repeat the same lines over again).

The fuel mission can be completed if you head to the docks first, talk to the guy who is competing for motta's fuel and then go in and talk to motta.

The hardest mission to complete on this planet is the speeder. You have to get all of the parts before talking to the exchange. It will be destroyed after you talk to them.

Next time I play I'll write a walkthrough for nar shadda. It can be done.

Ofcourse you kind of miss the "point" being that while the journal reports it as completed every ingame NPC and the actual GAME sees it as "unfinished"...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Tnx for the link.

I downloaded the Gizka patch, and the readme says to install the patch in my KOTOR Override Directory. I checked my KOTOR files, but can't find any such directory. How do I go about creating an override directory (not computer savvy)?

Edit: The linked thread also says that talking to Goto about the fuel resets the quest to zero, and that it's fixable by using the KSE to set the quest to 3 again. My question is: does anyone have any experience on that? I've read some warnings on the internet that changing stats in the KSE can seriously scrwew with your savegames. So is it safe to use?

Edited by Kirilla

For the first; If you do not yet have an override folder you can create one by file-new-map (in the explorer); and call the new map Override.

Default should look like C:/program files/LucasArts/SWKotor2/Override.

Second; yes. You *can* screw up your saves if you have no idea what you are doing. So either stay in the "safe zone" (don't alter globals) unless mentioned to do so and back up your savegames before editing or backup your games and experiment all you want... with the risk you might get yourself in trouble (but then you can always restore the savegames)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

That sounds almost too easy ;). And then I just copy-paste the files from the patch inot the override? Even I can do that.

And I don't think I'll be experimenting with the KSE, at leat not until I finish the game at least once. (Or if I need to use the KSE to fix a bug, in which case I'll just let you guys lead me :p).

Or (even easier) you just unpack the files into that folder ;)

^

I unzipped both the Secret Compartment and Fuel patch. My Ebon Hawk now has a secret compartment, but Vogga still won't talk to me about fuel. In the Override folder, the icon for the fuel patches are different than that for the secret compartment (secret compartment has a fancy icon with a folder and a spyglass, the fuels are just the standard windows-doesn't-know-this-program icons).

The Goto fix has 2 files (global.jrl and vogga.dlg). Are these 2 in the Override map *without(!)* having to dig a map deeper?

If so did you already try re-agreeing to catch goto; then talk to Vogga (since if you awaken Vogga you need to retell him about the deal)?

^

Considering you are supposed to tell him "indeed; but you do no longer need to worry about him" after Go-To's Yacht blew up; you should try the KSE sollution...

^

I've backed up my savegames will use the KSE. If it screws up my savegames, will I know immediately (i.e. they don't load) or won't I find out until after I've played for a while and then I have to redo everything?

Edited by Kirilla

As long as you don't alter the "globals" all should remain fine. If you do alter though... you can only see the result of it once there is a ingame check of that global (which are hidden... so yeah; it will be hard to tell)

Edit; and ofcourse if you alter quest status that will(!) affect the game...

Second edit; but those changes should be pretty obvious! Unlike globals changes...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Well, I have to alter a global (the setting for the fuel quest is in the globals>numerics folder). But luckily I'll get that check right away, since I'm off to talk to Vogga right away.

Edit: Yes, it worked! Tnx for all the help.

Edited by Kirilla