Looks like we need another mod

Fenghuang

I am stating my bid for the new moderation candidacy.

I am qualified for the following reasons.

1. I am a veteran of these forums in all my rabble-rousing incarnations.

2. I understand the difference between productive and unproductive spam.

3. I have the proper sig.

4. I am a fair and reasonable adult human.

5. I am totally not an automated script.

7. I know where roughly half of you live.

Discuss why I would/wouldn't make a good new overlord for you all. Also, I am now accepting campaign [read refined petroleum] contributions. I hope to have a smooth campaign and a successful time abusing you all when I am elected moderator through fair democratic process.

Edited by Fionavar

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yes! Vote me for your absolute and fair ruler!

GIVE A VOTE UNTO MUS AND I GIVE FREE T-SHIRTS UNTO YOU!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmmmm. I'm interested, but I want to know more about your policies before I vote for you.

What's your stance on the use of the word 'gay' as a derogatory term, as in the following case:

"That picture is so gay! (w00t) "?

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hmmmm.  I'm interested, but I want to know more about your policies before I vote for you.

What's your stance on the use of the word 'gay' as a derogatory term, as in the following case:

"That picture is so gay! (w00t) "?

In order to answer the question appropriately I need to know more about the picture in question. Does the picture depict acts of homosexual lust or passion? If the picture in question displays such acts and/or scenarios I think it is only appropriate to describe it as gay. It's certainly better than coining the participants a more derogatory term meaning homosexual.

However, I have a longstanding track record in battling the use of the word gay as a derogatory term, and other hypocrisies and/or intolerances towards homosexuals. This caused me much grief as I went to a private Christian highschool, and of course, since I was presenting a reasoned argument against prejudice, this had to mean my own sexuality was up for question.

Most recently I have punched my younger brother in the arm whenever using the word 'gay' in such a way. Tough love.

P.S. Five pounds of fresh roasted coffee from downtown if you want it Cantousent, take it or leave it.

P.P.S. If transport can be arranged I would be entirely willing to fight elfboy to the death.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I can take lactoface on, but he must take his cohorts with him. Otherwise it will be a massacre.

Well, it will be massacre still, but at least I retain my fair chap-fame.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Most recently I have punched my younger brother in the arm whenever using the word 'gay' in such a way.  Tough love. 

I like that approach, lol. But doesn't that make him go all "wtf u f.ag or sumthin'?"

P.P.S.  If transport can be arranged I would be entirely willing to fight elfboy to the death.

This is gonna be a barn burner! (w00t)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

In order to answer the question appropriately I need to know more about the picture in question.  Does the picture depict acts of homosexual lust or passion?  If the picture in question displays such acts and/or scenarios I think it is only appropriate to describe it as gay.  It's certainly better than coining the participants a more derogatory term meaning homosexual. 

However, I have a longstanding track record in battling the use of the word gay as a derogatory term, and other hypocrisies and/or intolerances towards homosexuals.  This caused me much grief as I went to a private Christian highschool, and of course, since I was presenting a reasoned argument against prejudice, this had to mean my own sexuality was up for question. 

Most recently I have punched my younger brother in the arm whenever using the word 'gay' in such a way.  Tough love. 

An excellent answer, with the possible exception of the violence against your younger brother. As a moderator, you'll need to show greater restraint, and should always seek to dissuade transgressors from their path before applying the harsher penalties of warnings and bans.

Nevertheless, a strong start. Now, moving on to spelling and grammar, please correct the following sentences:

1. If I'd got there earlier, I would of bought a dice before the shop ran out.

2. An incident occured in university accomodation.

Oh boy.

Edit: Was that fixing business an attempt at humour?

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

An excellent answer, with the possible exception of the violence against your younger brother.  As a moderator, you'll need to show greater restraint, and should always seek to dissuade transgressors from their path before applying the harsher penalties of warnings and bans.

Nevertheless, a strong start.  Now, moving on to spelling and grammar, please correct the following sentences:

1. If I'd got there earlier, I would of [have] bought a dice before the shop ran out [of them].

2. An incident occured in [the] university accomodation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If I become moderator there will be free nudie pics for everyone.

And I would never remove any nudie pics either!

Actually, I would probably not do much at all.

Actually, I would be a lousy, lazy moderator.

But I would make these fora a finn-free zone!!1!

VOTE FOR ME.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

1. If I'd got there earlier, I would've bought a die before the shop ran out.

2. An incident occurred in university accommodation.

Fixed.

Have a cookie! No, have two! :ermm:

I'm not voting for Mkreku, though, even if you pull out and support him. I liked Gothic 2, but I don't want to be banned for not buying Gothic 3.

WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER MOD

WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME

ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND

THUNDERDOME

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: