Innevitabley Sith?

All through out the game, I have done the good things to gain light side points. And my character portrait clearly shows I am a Jedi(not sith).

However, by accident....I supported the wrong side on Onderon and got so far into it i could not go back and avoid killing master kavar. Now, I have found the jedi master on Dantooine and Nar Shadaa, and they say to meet up in Dantooine.

This is the problem. Because i killed Kavar, they now attack me when i go to the Enclave, and I dont want to kill them, but I cant talk my way out of it.

Do I still have a chance to be good and not end up killing them?

(I am just past the part where you blow up Goto's yacht)

Thanks

Nichos

:lol:

Yeah, I think I made some random thing like that as well, either siding with the mercs on Dantooine or siding with Vaklu, the first time around for me wasnt that clear and I didnt really know where or what direction to go in.

That indeed kind of sucks. First time around I was DS and sided with Talia; only to find out I HAD to keep Kavar alive. Ah well; I killed him in my LS game :D

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well; yeah... I made the choice on purpose (to support Talia)... but nobody told me protecting the Republic (due to taking over abilities) would dis-allow me from my goal; exterminating all Jedi...

Same with Dantooine-Mercenaries :(

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

mmm, as soon as you step on Onderon it's put plain before you that Kavar is with Talia so i kinda realized he wouldn't appreciate if i butchered all of Iziz along with the queen in some civil war, i did thought he would have taken that personal. with that it was pretty clear that siding with Talia would mean siding with the jedi master. like ol'queen says, you have to be careful what you do. it's not like your actions on Onderon would leave Kavar any doubt about your allegiance, i did mind not to be able to tell him "forget the queen, i want to kill you" though, there seem to be no way of playing dark staying with the Republic in this instance.

There are 2 ways to read that post.

Did you mean "It should have been obvious" as

1) A reprimande to the gamer. We should have known what our choices lead to and are just ignorant?

2) A reprimande to OE. They should have told in more detail what our choice would have done, but didn't?

:blink:

^

It was obvious from the start that siding with the Queen was the 'Jedi' thing to do, but not necessarily that it was the 'right' thing to do. Vaklu spoiled it somewhat with the pantomime villain behaviour and the whole being-in-league-with-the-Sith thing, but there's nothing wrong with wanting your planet to withdraw from the Republic or opposing an unelected ruler. At least, that's how I remember it - I haven't played this game in ages. :ermm:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

1) A reprimande to the gamer. We should have known what our choices lead to and are just ignorant?

This one. Although I didn't necessarily mean we (the gamer) should "know what our choices lead to", but rather should take into account what our choices *might* lead to, and make a choice from there.

After all, what did he (or anyone, for that matter) expect? A big glowing "if you side with him you will be Darkside! turn back! turn back! do not pick this guy if you are LS!".

There's a reason it's a ROLEPLAYING game. You choose options that you think suits your role, and then you live with those consequences. If the choice you pick ends up counterproductive to what you're aiming for, then live with that poor choice.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There's a reason it's a ROLEPLAYING game.  You choose options that you think suits your role, and then you live with those consequences.  If the choice you pick ends up counterproductive to what you're aiming for, then live with that poor choice.

But then it SHOULD also allow you to play such a role. If you wanted (like me) to keep the Republic intact but still be Dark Sided; the game would punish you for it; and not allow you actually to combine these 2 goals.

Ah well, he died on Dantooine; together with Vrook at the Academy...

^

But then it SHOULD also allow you to play such a role. If you wanted (like me) to keep the Republic intact but still be Dark Sided; the game would punish you for it; and not allow you actually to combine these 2 goals.

Ah well, he died on Dantooine; together with Vrook at the Academy...

Uh? The game shouldn't allow the player to pick and choose what bests fits him and judge on an individual basis about the consequences with no impact on the rest of the game world. Choices should be inter-related to events that are away from the scope of the player. In this case, siding with Vaklu means you're against Kavar and the Jedi Masters.

Think about it. If the guy wants to side with Vaklu, you're saying the game should also then allow him to remain LS and side with Kavar somehow, even though that means you'd inevitably end up killing one of Kavar's closest friends. What should the game have allowed? For Kavar to then say "well, you butchered the queen, and went against everything I stand for, but I guess I shouldn't punish you for making one bad choice."

That's silly.

You're basically saying that none of your choices should have consequences, and that choices you make shouldn't have a bearing on future choices you might want to make.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

All through out the game, I have done the good things to gain light side points. And my character portrait clearly shows I am a Jedi(not sith).

However, by accident....I supported the wrong side on Onderon and got so far into it i could not go back and avoid killing master kavar. Now, I have found the jedi master on Dantooine and Nar Shadaa, and they say to meet up in Dantooine.

This is the problem. Because i killed Kavar, they now attack me when i go to the Enclave, and I dont want to kill them, but I cant talk my way out of it.

Do I still have a chance to be good and not end up killing them?

(I am just past the part where you blow up Goto's yacht)

Thanks

Nichos

Not too sure if you read an earlier thread you created about this, but you might have done could be that when your PC was asked by those alien Twi' lek and Devaronian on Onderon about whether Talia or Vaklu should rule Onderon, and you chose Vaklu wth dialogue responses to those aliens. You might have also participated and support Ponlar's instigation for revolting against Onderon military.

If you wanted to assist the Queen, you would use Force Persuade on Ponlar (Dominate Mind level, at least) or quell the uprising of Ponlar's supporters. Or have an opinion in conversation between your PC, Devaronian and Twi' lek that Talia deserves to remain in power.

And since you killed Kavar, you will likely engage Vrook and Zez-Kal Ell on Dantooine's Jedi enclave if you decided not to kill them initially when your character first encountered them. However, as long as your alignment is LS, you will receive LS enlightenment as a bonus force power after defeating remaining two Jedi masters.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧