Unfortunate

Statement: I have come across a certain serious problem in KotOR II.

It seems my previous save game is inaccessible.

Explanation: After playing the game through to the end, I restarted as an opposite alignment character on a new save file.

After playing through that file entirely, I attempted to access the previous save game, only to find that it was no longer listed.

Clarification: I researched this very deeply. I discovered that the save file does indeed still exist, in a folder known as "000002 - Game1".

This folder contains a tga image file, used as the screenshot displayed on the "Load Game" list. This screenshot confirms that it is indeed the file I'm looking for.

Disappointed Statement: Unfortunately, the save file itself won't appear on the Load Game list. The file was dubbed "Vera," and all that appears on the Load Game list is my newer file, "Darth Hetfield," my dark side male character.

Arrogant Reaction: Of course, I pride myself on my ability to thoroughly research a problem before turning to others for assistance.

At first, I tried some tricks such as moving the new save file's folder into a different section of my computer, and renaming my old save file's folder to match that of the new save file.

Obvious Statement: Clearly, this didn't work.

Shameful Admission: I eventually saw no other options but to seek assistance among the Internet. The Obsidian forums seemed to be an excellent place to start.

Intrigued Reaction: I must say I find it somewhat interesting that, after sifting through more than ten pages of search results, no one else seemed to have a problem similar to my own.

However, I am still hopeful that someone may be of assistance to me.

Query: Do any of you meatbags have a solution to my problem?

The solution will probably make you feel like a complete and total idiot. There is a button at the bottom of the Load Game that says Switch Characters.  >_<"

Was that written in the game manual? I seem to recall that a few people didn't figure this out, and it took a dev to point it out. But yeah, a bit of observation would have pointed out the fact you had to change characters to save different games.

I admit I never read the manual (although it was so short I probably could have in 5 minutes.).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The solution will probably make you feel like a complete and total idiot. There is a button at the bottom of the Load Game that says Switch Characters.  >_<"

Comeback: Oh, no, Master. I must admit that I am incapable of feeling "embarrassment." After all, the system used in KotOR II is evidently very different from that of the first game. I will consider it a minor flaw.

Grateful Response: Thank you for your assistance. Hopefully, my own experience will provide assistance for others who overcomplicate simple matters, such as I have.

EDIT: Ah yes, I remember seeing this button now. As I recall, I thought it was something completely unrelated to the save files.

Edited by Darth Verovera

The solution will probably make you feel like a complete and total idiot. There is a button at the bottom of the Load Game that says Switch Characters.  :p"

Hey don't tease! When I first played KOTOR II, I had the same problem too. :">

I was soo used to the old KOTOR I saving/loading routine.

Hey don't tease! When I first played KOTOR II, I had the same problem too. :">

I was soo used to the old KOTOR I saving/loading routine.

word. >_<

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.