The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

sigh

the thor clone (clonie), the death of goliath, sue storm leaving the Fantastic Four (invisie) and we think sue running to the arms of namor (invisy going fishy)

I much prefer Astonishing Xmen with Wolverine acting like a little girl.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Astonishing is good **** too. Hence the "roll". Daredevil is firing on all pistons too.

I think Sue, as she said, is going to join Capt. She's with Johnny too, so. Namor, I'm pretty sure, was the guy with the mask. THey will prolly meet up eventually. Wonder when the hulk makes it back. And they are finally trying to make Tony not look like an ass, but too little too late.

was the sigh nessasary

Edited by kumquatq3

Astonishing is good **** too. Hence the "roll". Daredevil is firing on all pistons too.

I think Sue, as she said, is going to join Capt. She's with Johnny too, so. Namor, I'm pretty sure, was the guy with the mask. THey will prolly meet up eventually. Wonder when the hulk makes it back. And they are finally trying to make Tony not look like an ass, but too little too late.

was the sigh nessasary

Hulk makes it back next year in the next big crossover... WORLD WAR HULK!

I think the guy in the mask is the Real Thor...

surfer is dealing with Annihilation.

the one the clone is using is a fake... the real one appeared at the Baxter building but nobodies been able to lift it.

OOOOO right, the whole thing with Doom. Which also should a long haired blond guy getting on a bus to Kansas, so mayeb your right, maybe it's the real Thor. But Namor was creeping around in disguise as a firefighter too. I do believe he has baby blues too. As for the Surfer, he was dealign with Annihilation while he was on Planet Hulk, iirc. So, not a sure thing there.

• 1 month later...

AOD2MarvelZombies.jpg

If the continued strong sales of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead and the breakout success of Kirkman’s Marvel Zombies limited series are any indications, comic book fans love the flesh-eating undead. So while no one should be surprised there will be a 2007 follow-up to the bestselling Marvel limited series, exactly who the zombified Marvel icons will be trying to devour this time around is both surprising yet perfectly logical at the same time…

His name is Ashley J. Williams…

Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness is a five-issue crossover limited series (packaged by Dynamite, solicited by Marvel), co-published by Dynamite Entertainment/Marvel Comics and Marvel’s first multi-part inter-company crossover since 2003’s JLA/Avengers. Debuting in March, the smash-up of the Marvel Universe and the cult horror film franchise will be written by John Layman, with art by Fabiano Neves and June Chung, and covers by Marvel Zombies cover artist Arthur Suydam. Oh, and serving as a creative consultant on the project is the aforementioned foremost authority on the comic book undead – particularly Marvel’s - Robert Kirkman.

Spinning directly out of the closing pages of Dynamite’s December release Army of Darkness #13 (which will go on hiatus for the length of this in-continuity crossover), Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness takes place between Ultimate Fantastic Four #24 - the conclusion of the arc debuting a zombified Marvel Universe - and Kirkman’s own upcoming prequel to his 2005 limited series.

“I've always been a big fan of Army of Darkness since I first bought it on VHS a long time ago and watched it every night before going to sleep during my senior year of high school,” Kirkman told Newsarama. “I think people are well aware of how much I love zombies... a love that also extends to the ‘Marvel’ variety. This is a very good story that John Layman has concocted and I'm anxious to see it all come together.

“I'm on hand to ensure that this story weaves in seamlessly with the Marvel Zombie's prequel one-shot I've written, ensuring that this will be a cool read alongside that. I've advised John on what characters he could use, ones he couldn't, and where everyone is at this point in the time line. John has taken that ball and run with it …I expect it to be a slam-dunk.”

So with Kirkman’s hand helping guide the way, what does writer John Layman have planned..? A Marvel Universe-type story with the wildest of wild cards thrown in? Or something in the tone of the always over-the-top AoD with Marvel toys to chainsaw through?

“I have every intention of it being both,” said Layman.

“It is absolutely a Marvel Zombies story, and it is absolutely an Army of Darkness story. Fortunately, I think there is a lot of overlap, because they both contain a generous (even excessive) heaping of humor with horror, comedy with the grotesque. This is a story of a guy who is used to fighting the undead, who is used to being a hero, flung into a strange universe full of heroes …heroes who are not only all crazed flesh-eating zombies, but ones with hundreds of different crazy super-powers.

“How's a guy with a chainsaw, a shotgun, and a smart mouth supposed to survive that?”

That said, Layman told us it’s also a typical AoD story in that it shows Ash facing “impossible odds, and up against horrific adversaries”…

“But for Marvel Zombies fans, it's another look into the hilariously twisted world of man-eating zombie superheroes,” Layman explained, “shown from almost a Marvels-style man-on-the-street perspective as the infection spreads out of control. Only, in this case, the man-on-the-street happens to be Ashley J. Williams, vanquisher of the Necromonmicon's Army of Darkness, who defeated evil in several different millennia in several different realities. Now he's in the Marvel U. It's him and his chainsaw vs. hundred of zombie superheroes...

And Ash doesn't plan on taking any $#!+!”

That is like the most awesomest thing since the Watchmen compiled edition hardcover.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What Sandman is that?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hmm. Good question.

I was trying to link the new Sandman hardcover release of the classic first issues. :-

1401210821.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36730645_.jpg

THE SANDMAN, written by New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman, was the most acclaimed comic book title of the 1990s. A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, THE SANDMAN is also widely considered one of the most original and artistically ambitious series of the modern age. By the time it concluded in 1996, it had made significant contributions to the artistic maturity of comic books and become a pop culture phenomenon in its own right.

Now, DC Comics is proud to present this comics classic in an all-new Absolute Edition format. The first of four beautifully designed slipcased volumes, THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN VOL. 1 collects issues 1-20 of The Sandman and features completely new coloring, approved by the author, on the first 18 issues, as well as a host of never-before-seen extra material, including the complete original Sandman Proposal, a gallery of character designs from Gaiman and the artists who originated the look of the Sandman, and the original script to the World Fantasy Award-winning THE SANDMAN #19, "A Midsummer Night

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just might have to visit the Helsinkian comic import store this Christmas. :-

Thanks, Meta.

kirottu said:

snip... stuff about Sandman hardcover

Too bad I already have all the trades. The thing about old comics is that they have horrible colouring, with all the pinks and bright blue night skies and such, so all new colouring sounds awesome.

Anyway, I just got the first trades of Fables, and Ex Machina. I'll likely pick up the rest when I have the money. Especially Fables.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hey, now that you comic geeks are online, could I get a rundown on the terminology? You know, trades, hardcovers, etc?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

snip... stuff about Sandman hardcover

Too bad I already have all the trades. The thing about old comics is that they have horrible colouring, with all the pinks and bright blue night skies and such, so all new colouring sounds awesome.

Yes, the colouring is the main reason why I couldnt stand to read it. It was the same with "Watchmen"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Trades generally cover about six issues each... Harcovers cover an entire "run" on a comic. (giant story arcs that are only used by one writer at a time... Like the New Xmen Omnibus containes all the issues written on New Xmen by Morrison.)

On a side note I can't STAND Quietlies art.

On a side note I can't STAND Quietlies art.

I second that.

At first I wondered how the hell he was even nominated for best artist on the Spike TV Scream Awards... then I realized it was a Spike TV awards show. They are the kings of great idea for awards shows but not executing it with any sort of proficiency. I mean why advertise it as an awards show for Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Comics, when they don't even tell you who the winners are in the comics categories, and the sci-fi and fantasy winners are revealed in a commercial break buffer.

But yeah, Frank Quitely is possibly the worst "artist" in comics today.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yep, but the strange thing is that he has done a couple of really good covers? Or did I read the credits wrong?

Anyway, when my X-Men looks like a dodgy amateur webcomic I get a little ticked off.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just don't like his faces really... plus the fact everyone looks like they are wearing a musclesuit with 500 lbs worth of muscles.

I've noticed that some people are really good at covers and others are good on the inside.

Joe Q is, in my opinion, a horrible cover artist. (He did a new avengers variant that had cap look like he stuffed his tee shirt with a pillow)