The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

y_the_last_man_trade.jpg

I have discovered "Y The last Man" a bit late but still, Its a great comic and a refreshing break from the mutants, superheroes and jedi which occupy 99% of the market. Pia Guerra is also as proffessional a penciller as they come, the quality of the artwork is high quality without even the slightest slipup. Not like other comics where every other issue seems to have been left to the office interns.

Other News:

The new "Star Wars: Legacy" is onto issue #2 and it stinks. Billy Idol lookalike Cade Skywalker is chased aroun the galaxy by the fearsome crab-mutant Darth Crate, there is also some random Jedi and a chick with blue hair.

The new and improved "Knights of the old Republic" is better although it occasionally suffers from the usage of pencillers which presumably are in the later stages of whatever it is that Michael J. Fox has got.

Also, new lady death preview "blacklands" actually comes with more covers than comic pages. Maybe they should just give up the pretense of it being a real comic and just do swimsuit issues from now on.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Invincible is still the best Superhero book out there. And Ultimate Spider-Man's clone saga seems to be heating up. Peter Parker is the Scorpion. And a female Peter Parker appears to be Spider-Woman.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Y is good... very very good.

DC has just released the most recent TPB of Teen Titans, this one actually runs up through the begininigs of Infinate crisis and shows the death of one of my favorite characters, Superboy.

also the supergirl book is wierd. for a few issues it seemed like supergirl was having an incesteous relationship but it turned out superman that she was sleeping with was actually ultraman mind controled by satrun girl... (head spins)

oh yeah... invincible Trade paperback volume six is out.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Am i allowed to admit I really like 2000AD?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, Cable & Deadpool.

YES.

Chimichanga.

spatula.

also the greatest line ever said by Cap. in the ultimates

"You think this A stand for FRANCE!?"

isn't this only part 2 of the comics thread?

Edited by Calax

IMO, Capn' America should have been scrapped when the war was over. Ive always felt like the Avengers was Marvels dumping ground for expired superheroes.

And no, there has been like a thousand comic threads. The earliest ones were almost all dedicated to a certain albino lady with enormous boobies and not enough clothing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

IMO, Capn' America should have been scrapped when the war was over. Ive always felt like the Avengers was Marvels dumping ground for expired superheroes.

And no, there has been like a thousand comic threads. The earliest ones were almost all dedicated to a certain albino lady with enormous boobies and not enough clothing.

Powergirl?

250px-Powergirl_ah_jsa.jpg

Where can I buy that?

depends... most comic shops carry TPB's as do bookstores (anymore) albeit bookstores have a horrible selection.

Unfortunatly the closest comic shop to me is about 20 or 30 minutes away :'(

I swear if I ever get the chance I'm opening a comic/niche shop.

I like what they've done with him in the Ultimates. They looked at the character and said "Captain America is a Super Soldier, not a Superhero." So he has no problem with killing and obeying orders. And they focus more on the man from the 40s stuck in the new millenia. So he still has the whole "Women belong in the kitchen" attitude, and doesn't understand why people are offended by that.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like what they've done with him in the Ultimates. They looked at the character and said "Captain America is a Super Soldier, not a Superhero." So he has no problem with killing and obeying orders. And they focus more on the man from the 40s stuck in the new millenia. So he still has the whole "Women belong in the kitchen" attitude, and doesn't understand why people are offended by that.

I have two problems with the ultimate universe... well three but ones kinda just a problem in general

1) Shield is EXACTLY what everyone is worrying will appear right now (a leviathan like branch of the government who can kill people without care or authorization. they also control anything that's not "normal")

2) the ultimates are having a competition to see who's the bigger ass hole

3) spiderman is WAYYYY too emo.

I have two problems with the ultimate universe... well three but ones kinda just a problem in general

1) Shield is EXACTLY what everyone is worrying will appear right now (a leviathan like branch of the government who can kill people without care or authorization. they also control anything that's not "normal")

2) the ultimates are having a competition to see who's the bigger ass hole

3) spiderman is WAYYYY too emo.

1) And its cool when its fictional.

2) True, but it does fit their characters.

3) He's 15. He's allowed to be emo.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well-stocked comic&paraphernalia shops should have it. I think they do their own importing though. I order or buy from this boutique in the old town in Stockholm. There is a comic shoppe in Visby where I go to Uni but its run by some retarded 14yearold that only sells manga.

And DC comics have the first issue available for free on PDF http://www.dccomics.com/features/ylastman/

And for some stuff which is out-of-print without a TPB in sight, such as "Automatic Kafka", the internet is your only hope. I dont think its wrong to download comics that are no longer for sale except for exorbitant prices on ebay, a second-hand copy is as bad for the authors as a pirated one because they get paid for neither one.

And for some stuff which is out-of-print without a TPB in sight, such as "Automatic Kafka", the internet is your only hope. I dont think its wrong to download comics that are no longer for sale except for exorbitant prices on ebay, a second-hand copy is as bad for the authors as a pirated one because they get paid for neither one.

Not that anyone would condone pirating them, even you Kaftan, I know.

Simply freeing the information that seeks it will not only spread knowledge and art, but also make the exiting items more valuable, as there will be more concomitant interest in them.

But I know Enlgish is not your native language, so I am pleased to clarify for all the young minds out there.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It'll be imteresting to see what this will end up selling for, I wouldnt be surpised if it went over