NHL

Darque

Didn't you have like a whole week off last season?

Yeah, they did! The Leafs always gets these weird schedules. At one point this season, the Leafs had played like.. 15 games, while every other team in the league was at 10-11 or something. And now they have this period when they play almost no games at all.

Tonight they face off against Boston. Without Sundin, but with a little luck we'll get Raycroft back. He only had a strain.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Raycroft probably isn't going to play until Saturday against the Devils, and maybe not even then. They haven't placed him on the injured reserve yet, but they aren't taking any chances with something that could nag him all season if not healed right. Kubina is expected back tonight though.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

It's good to see Ryan Smyth isn't missing a beat after his little knee on knee incident.

As for a hint to FCP, it rhymes with 'Wronger'

edit: Marty, Marty Reasoner, ladies and gentlemen!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Allright, a much better effort was played against St.Lou than in our previous encounter. I can't get too excited, though, beating the Blues ranks about at even level with defeating the Coyotes.

And man has John Davidson aged since he left the Rangers broadcast booth. He looked like he aged about ten years since I saw him on teevee last season.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Chris Pronger is awesome. It';s too bad the Oilers failed to prove to him that theyw ere a worthy team. I wish him great success in Anaheim... and, he's done so thus far.

I tend to like the Oilers due to the Moose connection; but in this scenario; they failed in their mission. :aiee:

Anyways, prediction: Mark messier will be Coach of the NY Rangers within the decade... :joy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Chris Pronger is awesome. It';s too bad the Oilers failed to prove to him that theyw ere a worthy team.

What?

Chris Pronger himself has said he has no issues with the team, nor with any person related to the organization.

Edited by alanschu

Sorry; but when a player flat out demands a trade espicially after he led said team to the Finals; he obviously has a problem with said team. He cna deny it 'til he is blue in the face.

:crazy:

Anyhoo, would somebody please bottle whatever it is that keeps Rod Brind'Amour going? The guys thirty six and still plays upwards of twenty two minutes a night.

Is this NHL season going by really fast or is it just me?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sorry; but when a player flat out demands a trade espicially after he led said team to the Finals; he obviously has a problem with said team. He cna deny it 'til he is blue in the face.

Sorry, I'm going to believe you over what FCP himself has actually said.

The reasons have been cryptic, but they relate to the family. And while we don't know the specific reason, the most popular consensus among most fans and the media, were that his family did not feel comfortable in the city.

I actually have no beef with the guy. He did something based on what he thought was best for his family. And I'm certainly going to take his word over someone that's just trying to get the couple of Edmonton fans on this board riled up by spreading additional hearsay.

"Anyhoo, would somebody please bottle whatever it is that keeps Rod Brind'Amour going? The guys thirty six"

He's only 36? WOW! I thought he was older.

"spreading additional hearsay."

hearsay? He stated quite clearly he no lonjger wanted to be an Oiler. he demanded a trade to anothe rteam. I think the message was clear - he didn't want to play for the Edmonton Oilers any longer. The specific reason doesn't even matter.

And, no, I'm not trying to rile anytone up. I just like Pronger, and people who keeop repeatedly calling him various names and wishing harm on him are trying to rile Pronger fans up.

Why would I wnat to rile Oiler fans up when I actually like the Oilers? L0LLERZ!

Edited by Volourn

hearsay? He stated quite clearly he no lonjger wanted to be an Oiler. he demanded a trade to anothe rteam. I think the message was clear - he didn't want to play for the Edmonton Oilers any longer. The specific reason doesn't even matter.

WRONG! He never said any such thing. Sorry, I'll believe Pronger before some chump on a message board. The issues he had were not with the team. There's more to his life than the team that he plays for. I figured you'd know that. I guess I over estimated you.

Pronger initially requested a trade midseason. Kevin Lowe asked him to wait it out until the end of the season, to see if he might reconsider. For a guy that allegedly hated the team, he sure did a wonderful job of playing to the absolute best of his ability (including a level of play far above what he was playing prior to the trade request. He had a poor start of the season compared to the end and the playoffs). He had every opportunity to phone it in, but didn't. Most people don't do that if they dislike the organization that they are playing for. Especially when they've already secured a very lucrative 5 year deal.

Why would I wnat to rile Oiler fans up when I actually like the Oilers? L0LLERZ!

Because you're a troll. In fact, you've since changed your mind. First you were slagging on the city itself, stating that that was why Pronger left. And now that you see a different avenue to cause trouble, you've decided to change your interpretation so that it's Pronger didn't like specifically the Oilers. Your entire posting history is filled with antics such as this. I'm surprised you even bother denying it.

If you were even half of an Oiler fan, you would already know all about the Pronger situation (including I'm sure a ton of false rumours). Your being a 'fan' of the team is simply because of the Messier connection (in your own words even). It probably wasn't covered to much down in North Bay, but here in Edmonton the fact that he stated repeatedly that there were issues with his family, and he felt it was his obligation as a husband and a father to place the needs of his family ahead of his playing career.

But I'm sure that the numerous interviews he has done stating this was all just a cover, and that the truth of the matter was that he just didn't like the Oilers. And that's the only reason.

Edited by alanschu

Danny Markov's tying goal was equally as lucky as Jeffrey Lupul's go ahead marker. 

And Hurlshot, Mike Grier will net close to twenty goals this season, mark my words.

I have no doubt Rosy will net 20, and I'm thinking him and Curtis Brown will give the Sharks about 15 shorties this year. Grier is also getting some time with Big Joe, so he might threaten for 30.

I just watched Michalek and Thornton work magic on the ice. It was like they were out there alone on the ice. Philly's D looked shocked.

Well, I just finished watching a seven round shootout end the night for the Oilers...

in Victory!!. It was a heartbreaker to see Dan Cleary set up the tying goal with four seconds left in the third, but to duplicate Pisani's shootout goal right before his own. At least Raffi Torres found teh magik tonight.

And don't forget that Curtis Brown himself can dance in the twenty goal range. He did that a couple of times during his stint with the Sabres.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well, Vrbata isn't playing too bad.

That is all

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.