Stargate premieres

LadyCrimson

Just finished watching these. The child angle in SG-1 made me think of Dune and the entire episode felt really anticlimatic compared to last season's finale. Kind of disappointing. I guess it's the middle set-up for the 3rd of 4th part conclusion but it could have been done better.

Atlantis was better - I particularly liked the SW reference to Han Solo's ship surface hugging at one point, was cute. And a couple John Sheppard's delivered lines finally made me view him a bit in the Atton/Solo mold. I'm also hoping they won't kill the Warith character of Michael off any time soon - I find such characters interesting.

Still waiting for Galactica tho. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ha ha, stargate sucks

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, the TV Series does.

The movie's awesome though.

Oh yeah, that goes without saying. Watching the tv show is like watching a softball game or the WNBA, everything is vaguely familiar but mired is 2nd class irrelevance except for the immediate family of the participants. Somethings just shouldn't be basturdize so someone can have something to do.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Stargate is still pretty good, even after all these years. The high points of the series definitely went beyond the movie in terms of both acting and ideas, and it's been consistently better than most of the Star Trek series I've watched. I think having a relatively small core cast and resisting permanent additions has helped. :)

I'm looking forward to this new season even though it probably won't be shown here for a while, as the previous season of Atlantis only just started.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I haven't liked Stargate much for the past couple years - Richard Dean Anderson was amusing and I liked to watch for him sometimes, but then he left. ;) The finale last year w/the Auri(sp?) as the new enemy was kind of fun tho. Sci-fi shows love those 'super enemies'...heh It's had a lot of ups and downs, like any long running series. They've had some pretty good episodes but of course a lot of it's cheese.

Atlantis I'm not too hip on but since it's after SG I sometimes watch it.

And I thought the SG movie was ok until they hit the planet which had me snoozin'. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, the TV Series does.

The movie's awesome though.

You've got it wrong way.

The movie is bloody awful, but series is actually not bad. I only saw the first few years, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Snake is completely awesome in the movie.'

The show is just unwatchable, I've tried. The big guy with the giant gold coin in the middle of his forehead+any alien race they introduce makes it unpalatable.

Isn't SG Atlantis just Farscape recycled or was that a short lived thing?

Isn't SG Atlantis just Farscape recycled or was that a short lived thing?

Stargate SG-1 now has half the cast of Farscape in it, yes. No muppets, alas. :blink: I think I've adjusted to the Ben Browder character better than I expected, though I know some die-hard Richard Dean Anderson fans who've abandoned the series in disgust.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Stargate is still pretty good, even after all these years.  The high points of the series definitely went beyond the movie in terms of both acting and ideas, and it's been consistently better than most of the Star Trek series I've watched.  I think having a relatively small core cast and resisting permanent additions has helped. :)

No.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 1 year later...
Just finished watching these. The child angle in SG-1 made me think of Dune and the entire episode felt really anticlimatic compared to last season's finale. Kind of disappointing. I guess it's the middle set-up for the 3rd of 4th part conclusion but it could have been done better.

Atlantis was better - I particularly liked the SW reference to Han Solo's ship surface hugging at one point, was cute. And a couple John Sheppard's delivered lines finally made me view him a bit in the Atton/Solo mold. I'm also hoping they won't kill the Warith character of Michael off any time soon - I find such characters interesting.

Still waiting for Galactica tho. :o

What about the wraith "Todd"?

Twitter | @Insevin