Shameless Firefly Fan

Fionavar

I don't get the "brown coat" reference. Are you trying to say you're one of those people who go out naked under a trench coat and rub up against people in a large crowd? Theres a word for that, I forget what its called.

Hades?

Browncoat is a reference to military colors, much like English "Red Coats"

@ meta - there are already indications Universal is considering a second movie due to DVD sales of Serenity - this sort of thing will only add to that possibility ...

Um......before you crush my hopes, where did you hear that ( I just searched 2 months of posts at whedonesqe (sp?) to no avail)

You best not be messing with me dragon :angry:

Um......before you crush my hopes, where did you hear that (  I just searched 2 months of posts at whedonesqe (sp?) to no avail)

You best not be messing with me dragon  :angry:

No it was in an video interview - I believe - let me check ...

Okay it is from Scifibrain blog blurb: http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?option...3129&Itemid=121

They're primarily talking about the second graphic novel, but they have indicated at the end there continues to obviously be a possibility and they link it to the sales of the DVD. Heck they already have Serveity in CD-DVD!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

It's a fan made documentary that is rather extensive in its coverage and lots of geeky things like scripts and stuff - cool, eh? :(

@ meta - there are already indications Universal is considering a second movie due to DVD sales of Serenity - this sort of thing will only add to that possibility ...

I would look forward to them doing a second movie. The first one was very good.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Um......before you crush my hopes, where did you hear that (  I just searched 2 months of posts at whedonesqe (sp?) to no avail)

You best not be messing with me dragon  :angry:

No it was in an video interview - I believe - let me check ...

Okay it is from Scifibrain blog blurb: http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?option...3129&Itemid=121

They're primarily talking about the second graphic novel, but they have indicated at the end there continues to obviously be a possibility and they link it to the sales of the DVD. Heck they already have Serveity in CD-DVD!

HD-DVD?

The dvds give it a chance (Firefly is still #11 on Amazon, while Serenity is #28), but the best hope for a sequel is Joss kicking box-office ass with Wonder Women.

The lack of talk is discouraging tho

There was a mass purchase globally of Serenity and Firefly on June 23 that was intended to again influence the studios. The sales jumped for 3 days dramatically. I believe FF went to # 1 and Serenity to #2 at their highest within the global time frame @ Amazon. It was a site to see!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I'm not a Firefly fan but I too wouldn't mind another film. I liked the first one a lot more than I thought I would. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just like to say that these are the most posts I've ever seen from the Big Green, and I've been lurking/posting since 2004.

And to tie into the topic. I love Firefly.

Why the hell did they kill off half the cast?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

hehe I have to surface once in awhile LoneWolf - otherwise Grommie might not be able to claim I'm seen too much :)

As for the killing off of characters - welcome to the world of Whedon ... he likes to do that!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Killin off main characters sucks though.  :)

I was pretty surprised by that one myself. But I do kinda like it, if it's used occasionally - less predictable.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Killin off main characters sucks though.  :)

It sucks, but is adds a realism that I feel is part of the success of the series Whedon has done. I remember when Tasha was killed off in ST: NG and I was really hurt ... but then I realised that the power that had in the story-telling added an authenticity that is rare in the TV medium. That Joss did 2 characters @ one time was ... hard ... but it REALLY makes me want to know why and where that might lead with the characters. It was a brave move, especially as Book is one of my favourite characters. Ah well ... creativity and insanity may go hand-hand ;)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Or when the actors themselves want out of the series.

Except that in the ST: NG parallel and Whedon's track record that is not the norm ... which is why it is even more tantalising and frustrating ... like that darn loose tooth I remember confounded by a shield and blade :)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Yeah....but why Book and Wash? Two of my three favorite characters, gone in less than an hour. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Btw, what is a Geckling?

Geckling is a term that goes back way back in the day ... I originally used it on the old IPLY boards pre-BIS fora to indicate that 'geeks' were cool ... not sure if it worked :) As a result of that conversation which I suspect is over 6 years old (? - perhaps some of the old school crowd might remember that conversation on the old tree style BB @ IPLY). Since then, I have used it unsparingly to liberate all Gecklings from the taint of geekiness ;) Or so I stand staunchly in the eye-rolling of my partner!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Yeah....but why Book and Wash? Two of my three favorite characters, gone in less than an hour. :)

Likely any of the other characters would have elicited - unfortunately - the same inquiry. And this is why I want in to Whedon's head ... or at least more more more from him ;) The first graphic novel was interesting and I hope the second one adds to the episodes not completed to the first season. The future storyline, however, with Walsh's and Book's death do indeed pose many questions about where he is/was intending to go ...

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

There was a mass purchase globally of Serenity and Firefly on June 23 that was intended to again influence the studios. The sales jumped for 3 days dramatically. I believe FF went to # 1 and Serenity to #2 at their highest within the global time frame @ Amazon. It was a site to see!

"Site to see"...pun?

I knew about it, but there is only so many copies of the same DVD I'm willing to own (namely, one)

As for the killing, ok I got it, but Wash and Book?! That's just wrong. Kill...um.......mmmm.......Malcom again. Just bring him back again and take off another piece of his ear. It can be a running joke!

Damn him for killing Wash.

I can see Joss as a kid having an ant farm and every so crushing one of them, just so the others "know anything could happen".

Edited by kumquatq3

As long as he doesn't kill Kaylee all will be good.

What got me is when he basically killed Charisma Carpenter's character in Angel or when Anya bit it in the last episode of Buffy. I so much wanted him to kill of Tom Lenk's character so badly.

As long as he doesn't kill Kaylee all will be good.

What got me is when he basically killed Charisma Carpenter's character in Angel or when Anya bit it in the last episode of Buffy.  I so much wanted him to kill of Tom Lenk's character so badly.

Charisma Carpenter was ready to be killed off. Her character was obnoxious when Joss gave her more depth, I prefered the shallow Buffy version of her. She also wasn't as hot as she used to be. Anya was a bummer, but it was the last episode, and if Angel continued she might have resurfaced. She was a demon at one time, so who knows. Spike resurfaced after seeming to be pretty done.