Soccer...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Since Fionavar has closed down the World Cup topic, this has become the new place to discuss soccer issues on these forums...

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
Good thinking, Architect. 

Have those scandalous Italian teams been relegated to Serie B yet? (or Serie C2 in Juve's case)  :D

That'll teach them for cheating!

The fate of the four teams embroiled in Italy's match-fixing scandal has not been revealed yet. IMO, only the individuals who were involved in the match fixing scandal should be punished, not the clubs. It's not fair to the fans, they shouldn't relegate any of the four clubs involved in the match fixing scandal, because it's not like everybody involved with Fiorentina, Lazio, AC Milan and Juventus were involved in the scandal, there's only a select few.

Well, the fates of these four clubs lies in the hands of the 'Italian Football Federation'. If the clubs are relegated, well, expect the level of interest that is already in this years transfer market to skyrocket, as I'm sure the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United, etc will be very interested in signing some of the players that will be looking for new clubs if they are relegated.

You know who's the most royally screwed from the trials if they do get relegated?

The Serie B/C teams. I mean, they don't have a hope in hell of being promoted for the next 2 years of the Juve Comeback. :p

You know who's the most royally screwed from the trials if they do get relegated?

The Serie B/C teams. I mean, they don't have a hope in hell of being promoted for the next 2 years of the Juve Comeback. :p

Tell me about it! Only the league winners get automatic promotion. The rest have to go through the dreaded play-offs. :p

manthing2.jpg

FIFA\Coca Cola World Ranking as of July 2006:

1  Brazil

2  Italy

3  Argentina

4  France

5  England

6  The Netherlands

7  Spain

8  Portugal

9  Germany

10  Czech Republic

11  Nigeria

11  Cameroon

13  Switzerland

14  Uruguay

15  Ukraine

16  USA

17  Denmark

18  Mexico

19  Paraguay

20  C

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

How the crap is England 5th? I'd put my money on the Czechs over England.

* South Korea being demoted 27 places.  Togo, who lost all three of their matches, including a defeat to the Koreans, rise fourteen places to be ranked ahead of the Koreans.

Pretty amusing, even if I am Korean. It's not like we're a semi-final team yet anyway, but I hope we can be a regular knockout round-goer in the future. :p

They didn't have to rank us right below Angola, though. I mean, hey, we did draw with France. :o

The US deserved to drop a lot, but 16 is a bit too much. Heck we did tie Italy, that's at least saying something. Now once we get the German coach we should be rocking!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

The fate of the four teams embroiled in Italy's match-fixing scandal has not been revealed yet. IMO, only the individuals who were involved in the match fixing scandal should be punished, not the clubs. It's not fair to the fans, they shouldn't relegate any of the four clubs involved in the match fixing scandal, because it's not like everybody involved with Fiorentina, Lazio, AC Milan and Juventus were involved in the scandal, there's only a select few.

That would be the just way to do it. However, corporate punishment is admittedly more effective, as it places the fate of the whole group on each person's actions, so it is hoped that each person is less prone to cheating, and discouraged to by their peers.

Guest The Architect
That would be the just way to do it. However, corporate punishment is admittedly more effective, as it places the fate of the whole group on each person's actions, so it is hoped that each person is less prone to cheating, and discouraged to by their peers.

True, it would get the message across if there all relegated...

Zidane gets to keep the golden ball, I wouldn't have though so really.

But y'all know what's really sweet?

"Materazzi's suspension will keep him out of Italy's opening two Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania on 2 September and France on 6 September."

Serves them right, I can only hope Denmark and Sweden will get a chance to kick Italy out again at the next Euro championship. :lol:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

More match fixing. This time it's those crazy Turkish guys.

The Turkish Football Federation is investigating claims that Denizlispor offered to pay opposing players to help them avoid relegation.

Reports in the Turkish press claimed that officials from Denizlispor offered to pay three Malatyaspor players to throw a match against Gaziantepspor.

The game was on the final day of the season and Malatyaspor lost 1-0, suffering relegation as a result.

Denizlispor deny the allegations but if found guilty, they may face relegation.

The officials involved can be suspended for up to one year should the TFF rule against the club.

Denizlispor club president, Ali Ypek, was suspended for one month by the TFF at the end of the season after telling reporters he knew of match-fixing.

Since his club avoided the drop into the Turkish second division, he chose not to speak, and was suspended for making unfounded accusations.

The new season is due to kick off on 4 August, with a verdict expected before that date.

Link

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.