Drakensang

The only reason why I didn't "win" in Diablo because I got bored. Seriously, there was all this mindless clicking and an uninteresting story. There was no strategy involved in the combat, no memorable NPCs to interact with, and there was nothing to do but go after one mindless horde after another. Bottomline, there was nothing in the game to keep my interest. The same can be said about Diablo 2. The FMV sequences were cool but FMV in a game is like exposition in prose. Nice filler but that is all.

Diablo is the worst CRPG ever made.

Edited by Judge Hades

I'm not really interested on translation, I just wish they at least try to get decent VO. I don't want another "I only want ze bounty!"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Negative influenced gainbed with Dark Raven.

Game looks cool.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Certainly sounds promising. If I can retain this information in my memory - haha - I'll be interested to see how it fares when it's released. I'm entrusting you all to remind me when that day comes. :o

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Gothic series has always been translated appropriately. It's mostly the russian games that are translated extremely badly.

But I do have a certain mistrust against german games that try to live off of the names of old RPG classics. Like The Fall (Fallout) and now this (they mention Baldur's Gate)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

How so?

No character development, no story points, no straegic combat, and boring game play.

The only thing Diablo had was hordes of enemies, phat loot, and lots of clicking. How can a game like that be considered by anyone the best thing to happen to RPGs. It has absolutely nothing that a good RPG should have.

I happen to like phat loot, god killing weapons, god like stats and the story was decent. It's a game that serves it's purpose to fans who just want to kill everything in sight. Now a wonderful game like BG makes you think about your actions. You need strategy in fighting, leveling up is close to the AD&D rules, it serves a purpose to the fans that like the good old PnP games. I happen to like both.

Which ever mood I am in. :wacko:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

When you ask 'what makes Diablo a great game' to fans, they always answer you like:

- Hey, it has lot's of items. Yeah, lot's of. May be Billions. I'm pretty sure. It has lot's...

- It has random generated maps. Everytime you play the game, it's different. It rocks!

- You should see the cinamatics man. Yeah, it has great cinamatics. I love Blizzard and their cinematics. If a game's cinematics suck, it sucks.

centinexx.png

I don't like nor will ever like phat loot and god killing weapons. That sort of thing just ruins my fun in a game. Also the story in Diablo was fairly shallow and had no substance or twists to it whatsoever. A proper CRPG should give you options. You want to kill everything in sight? That is one option. You want to sneak in and not raise alarm, that is another option.

Games like Diablo are just boring to me. I just can't have fun playing them.

Games like Diablo are just boring to me.  I just can't have fun playing them.

Do you think there's anyone left on planet Earth that doesn't know this by now? You could ask a ****ing eskimoe if Hades likes Diablo and he would know the answer. Your endless repetition on the same subject and Darque's stupid one-smiley posts are the scourge of this forum. Seriously.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!