Isreal invades Lebanon

Kaftan Barlast

I see that as another problem, Gorth.  The lands in that region are "ancestral" to so many people, it's war-bait no matter who's in control.

:shifty:

I think most people who are not directly affected by the conflict will agree that the situation isn't good. The same people, when asked about how to solve it, will be at each others throats, disagreeing about what is the best way to solve it ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

To me it seems these terrorists in Lebanon, Palestine and their friends in Damaskus only understand the sword.

When I spoke to my old man earlier today he said: "nuke em", well I wouldn't go that far, but a show of force is needed imo.

A show of force, you say? Then only one man can help us now.

manthing2.jpg

anyone got a spare kryptonian crystal we can use to replace the entire middle east (by chucking said landmass into space.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I see that as another problem, Gorth.  The lands in that region are "ancestral" to so many people, it's war-bait no matter who's in control.

:thumbsup:

I think most people who are not directly affected by the conflict will agree that the situation isn't good. The same people, when asked about how to solve it, will be at each others throats, disagreeing about what is the best way to solve it :rolleyes:

Eldar the members sees the irony and appreciates it. Eldar the mod says, different strokes for different folks, but no genocide today! :Eldar's enigmatic icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

anyone got a spare kryptonian crystal we can use to replace the entire middle east (by chucking said landmass into space.)

That would just be irresponsible and totally unethical Calax.

What would happen to our poor Martian neighbors? Given that they're still rebuilding after we caned them in the last war, I think they could do without the infiltration of fundamentalist jihadist scum in their population.

manthing2.jpg

Does it matter what it's called?

Putting *the* Jewish state in Muslim central might've been a dumb idea, but it does pour plenty of oil on the whole religous aspect of the Chosen people and their trials on the way to the Promised Land. The situation there is not merely political - it's Biblical. I'm sure the fair-minded would argue otherwise, but it's funny how these things work - it's almost as if the rest of the Christian world is looking on with bated breath for the fulfillment of the Prophecy. You don't need to be apocalyptic to understand the Middle-East, but it helps.

There are doors

You know, I disagree with you and Gorth so often, but I really appreciate your posts. hahaha

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah, reasonable course of action would have been to send in a small covert team to retrieve the soldiers, instead they came with an entire armour division with substansive air support and artillery.

Yes, because just like the movies small covert teams are secret ninjas and pull of rescue ops no problem.

Well, hollywood or not, that is what groups like the YAMAM or Sayaret Matkal are for. An armour division is what you use if youre attempting to rescue 5000 soldiers caught in a pinching manouver by the enemy, not to save two men taken prisoner by guerillas

I could think of a reason for doing it with an Armored Division.

No problem, but I do think that Israel is in the wrong here.  Because of the interference of th US and Great Britain in the region back in the 1940's to now is one of the reasons why the Middle East is so **** up right now.  If Israel did not exist the world would be better off.

The place wasn't exactly "happy happy" before Israel came along.

Shhh, Alanshu. Don't let the anti Isreal people into thats ecret. Everyone knows that before Isreal was created, the ME was a Beacon of Freindship, Honour, And Peace. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

While Hades does have a point to a lesser extent that the US and GB exacerbated things, Alanschu is correct. The problem has existed ever since violent Islamic ideology was brought into effect - and will continue to exist regardless of interference (or lack of) as long as extremist Muslims continue to follow their fundamentalist propaganda.

manthing2.jpg

Could we please refrain from baiting one another in this thread? At least you haven't called for genocide against Muslims yet, Don. Still, try not to get diverted into hate speech.

On the other hand, there was plenty of turmoil before Islam. Hell, there was turmoil in the middle east well before Christianity, let alone Islam.

Obsidian Plays

Yeah, reasonable course of action would have been to send in a small covert team to retrieve the soldiers, instead they came with an entire armour division with substansive air support and artillery.

Yes, because just like the movies small covert teams are secret ninjas and pull of rescue ops no problem.

Well, hollywood or not, that is what groups like the YAMAM or Sayaret Matkal are for. An armour division is what you use if youre attempting to rescue 5000 soldiers caught in a pinching manouver by the enemy, not to save two men taken prisoner by guerillas

I could think of a reason for doing it with an Armored Division.

I can think of two.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Great, then he needs to quit baiting himself!

Seriously, we don't have a problem because there isn't enough hate. Saying that the only way to resolve our problems is to kill each other more efficiently is just nuts.

Israel, as a state, is no more of a problem than any number of states that have existed in the area for thousands of years. Hell, take Jericho for example. Thousands of years of warfare before even Judaism.

Obsidian Plays

Saying that the only way to resolve our problems is to kill each other more efficiently is just nuts.

You know, you're right. We're American damn it. We shouldn't be saying it, we should be investing billions into doing it.

Edited by kumquatq3

Seconded.

jags was baiting? :o

I can think of two.

Naturally. Mine was ignoring the actual targets though ;)

*shrug* Just felt the need to say that for some reason.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Saying that the only way to resolve our problems is to kill each other more efficiently is just nuts.

We are human beings. We are a violent and adversial species. Just look how we entertain ourselves. Just look how we resolve our problems. From the cradle tothe deathbed, it is in our instinct to wage war, to kill one another. For there to be a lasting peace we need to remove human element out of the equation.