Kotor 2 Romances

Were the Kotor 2 romances satisfying?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Were the Kotor 2 romances satisfying?

• Yes
    • No
    • They could have been improved
    • Never tried them
    • They were better than Kotor 1

The romances for the male exile were okay -- at least you can get a somewhat complete romance with Visas. However, the romances for the female exile were pathetic! There's no resolution whatsoever with either Atton or Disciple apart from Kreia's look into the future at the end. Also, it sucks that although you can technically "choose" a potential romantic partner (I think that's only if you're lightside and talking to Mira; don't remember what happens when you're DS) it has no effect on your conversations or influence with them. I chalk a lot of it up to the rushed production.

No. The romances, both female and male, were pretty much dropped. What remains are a few hints and dialogue bits that just make you wonder "what if" with nothing remotely satisfying development/resolution wise of any kind.

There was the 'romantic' influence between Atton and Disciple where if you had greater influence with Di than Atton, you'd get those certain cutscenes (and one more if you had Mira), which I always assumed were related to the dropped storyline of jealous Atton siding with Kreia and fighting it out w/Di later. Without that resolution those cutscenes were funny/interesting but extraneous.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Second game is probably a far cry from first considering romance. Would have liked to have hear Atton's last few lines for a female Exile. Usually last few lines of a character towards end of story will have some meaningful sense for PCs.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Juhani romance beats others ;)

Meh, they were good, but not as good as K1 romance with Bastila. I just love dialogue of that one.

Even Carth one is better than Disciple.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They were not even remotely satisfying. One because as a male Exile I didn't get to reciprocate when Visas said she loved me and I didn't really like Handmaiden. And then of course there was no Bao-dur or Mira romances. Which I would have enjoyed immensely.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords