Thats a bit odd...

Is it just me or does the Midi-Chlorian and force in blood-lines sound a bit like Eugenics?

In Kotor 1 Revan expressed heris dislike of the Rakatan's studies of their genetics.

Why would the council of Yoda's time be so stupid to use something that classifies by genetic traits?

When did the council start this Midi-Chlorian crap,was it after Darth Bane?

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Revan "expresses his dislike"?

You are making the choice, in no way does Revan express his dislike no matter what.

Why shouldn't the movie-Jedi use the midichlorian-count?

It's simply a way to measure how close of a connection to the force a person can have, what's wrong with that?

Indeed. Midichlorians ARE NOT the force, they only makes it so that person having enough midichlorians in them can use the force

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Revan "expresses his dislike"?

You are making the choice, in no way does Revan express his dislike no matter what.

Why shouldn't the movie-Jedi use the midichlorian-count?

It's simply a way to measure how close of a connection to the force a person can have, what's wrong with that?

:lol: Sorry to late for editing I shall add in Kotor 1 as Revan you can In that I am refering to the conversation with the researcher in the Elders compound.

Yes it is a way to measure connection to the force and then that leads to elitism.What happend to modesty and equality?

Of course, it can be argumented that does the Force have will, and if it has, how strongly its will affects everything :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Midi-chlorians are only symbiotic organisms that communicate the will of The Force. A larger concentration would most likely result from prolonged exposure to them. Passing them down as a gene does not seem relavent since the Host is benefitting from them as a separate organism.

The whole Star Wars fan base groaned when midichlorians were cited as the definition of a force-sensitive being's potential to use the force.

It turned faith, hard work, luck, and "the force runs strong in your family" into a bunch of scientific mumbo-jumbo that might have fit well in Babylon 5 or Star Trek - but NOT IN STAR WARS. Star Wars was about good and evil, faithful and non-believer, and we found out that your strength in the force has little to do with your faith ... pfft.

OK ... so let's say Anakin was "born of the force" ... how did it happen?

While spontaneous conception might make some sense, I believe Palpatine was Plagueis' apprentice, and used the power of creating life to put the "chosen one" prophecy in motion, and thus "restore balance to the force" by killing off all but two of the light-sided Jedi.

The whole Star Wars fan base groaned when midichlorians were cited as the definition of a force-sensitive being's potential to use the force.

It turned faith, hard work, luck, and "the force runs strong in your family" into a bunch of scientific mumbo-jumbo that might have fit well in Babylon 5 or Star Trek - but NOT IN STAR WARS.  Star Wars was about good and evil, faithful and non-believer, and we found out that your strength in the force has little to do with your faith ... pfft.

While spontaneous conception might make some sense, I believe Palpatine was Plagueis' apprentice, and used the power of creating life to put the "chosen one" prophecy in motion, and thus "restore balance to the force" by killing off all but two of the light-sided Jedi.

I see nothing wrong with the midchlorians. The force itself didn't change one bit.

Nope, Lucas has stated many times that balance is restored by the Sith being destroyed.

Two Sith vs. two Jedi is not balance, especially when one party is in total control and the other in hiding. Compare the force to nature. If, for example, an oil catastrophe happens, then the nature is harmed by an outside influence that simply shouldn't happen. In this case, the darkside is the thing which shouldn't exist. It gaining power, weakening the Jedi and taking control of the galaxy destroys the balance, hence why it must be stopped --> Anakin.

It turned faith, hard work, luck, and "the force runs strong in your family" into a bunch of scientific mumbo-jumbo that might have fit well in Babylon 5 or Star Trek - but NOT IN STAR WARS.  Star Wars was about good and evil, faithful and non-believer, and we found out that your strength in the force has little to do with your faith ... pfft.

According to wikipedia.I don't like to quote unofficial sources as you can't build an argument on conjecture and in this case it is made more difficult being a theory of a theory in fiction... :o The council didn't agree with the idea of midichlorians,or testing for them,though Qui-gon did and tested Anikan for his percentages as we all know.But why did they the council consider the prophecy?

Surely testing for superiority of some trait and and looking for some god like figure from some prophecy of dubious origins to restore balance was stupid in the least....the merging of science and religion is a slippery slope indeed.

Where did the prophecy come from? It is possible that it was came from the Sithari legend but I do not know...I hope not.Palpatine might have known of the Sithari legend...a prophecy based on a religion of perfidy,pfft,pure idiocy.

The idea of midichlorians is similar to a theory of Duchess Margaret Cavendish,a 17th century scientist and playwrite.The Duchess suggested the universe was made up of intelligent particles.Though I am not certain how this fits into the symbiotic relationship of force user and midi-chlorians also I am confused as to whether the relationship is indeed symbiotic.Why did the Jedi continue to ask the force if the midichlorians are the bridge between the two the answer might have been tainted?Is it not wiser to find out the answer for yourself?

Dark Wastle,

Would the force really be put back into balance by the two Jedi being victorious,what about the echoes caused by the murders and exploding planets over thousands of years?How is one side tipping the scales in their favour balance?

Edited by Purgatorio

just going to point out a few things.

A) WIki is HARDLY the most trustworthy of sourses. it can be edited by anyone or anything to suit their needs.

B) from the feel of it the midichlorines are either an intelligent or semi intelligent being that is able to pick and choose where they rest.

C) if you bring up the savior aspect i'm gonna be forced to start using superman against you.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Calax,

A)=Yes I know that.I am familiar with the practises of modern historians...Your point?

B)=I thought they where everywhere...well except for those places dead to the force.

C)=Supermans a ponce.But no I wont. :o

Edited by Purgatorio

Wikipedia will probably give some kind of rough general summation about something. What is written there isn't always factual as much as it can be interpretive.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Ponce,punce language content edit wouldn't let me say what I wanted.... <_< I say ponce you say punce. :) Google spell check,ponce also.Either way it is still what he is. :(

Edited by Purgatorio