Happy birthday, America!

Dark Moth

I don't particularly like the United States.  If you take a good look at our history, it is a long bloody road built on misery, pain, and genocide.  Happy 4th of July indeed.  :rolleyes:

America doesn't hold a monopoly on a history of violence, Hades.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Indeed.. I would say that such a description fits for the human race in general. But that is for another thread really, and such.

So did you'll have a good 4th of July then?.. lots of bbq-ed meat and stuff.. lots of fireworks?..

What do you want?.. blink.gif

I barbqued and drank like a fish. You know, there are many people in the United States who don't deserve their freedom, but I'm glad they have it. I am a patriot. May I not live to see the end of our Republic. We've sacrificed a hundred young men so that one young man may heap scorn on my beloved land. It was a terrible sacrifice, but we made it because the alternative is worse. Happy Fourth of July.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I barbqued and drank like a fish.  You know, there are many people in the United States who don't deserve their freedom, but I'm glad they have it.  I am a patriot.  May I not live to see the end of our Republic.  We've sacrificed a hundred young men so that one young man may heap scorn on my beloved land.  It was a terrible sacrifice, but we made it because the alternative is worse.  Happy Fourth of July.

Eldar that was more than complete BS.

All people deserve freedom.

How would you know if you were a patriot? Who would decide?

The men I knew that we sacrificed wanted to live.

Bah.

(Edited)

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Yeah Eldar, what the hell is wrong with you you big jerkface?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Happy whatever you call it.

I just wish we had a day like yours here, the closest is probably constitution day, but that's just another holiday like most others. <_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Clearly this is not true, otherwise we would not have prisons for folks who have relinquished their right to freedom by committing criminal acts.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't particularly like the United States.  If you take a good look at our history, it is a long bloody road built on misery, pain, and genocide.  Happy 4th of July indeed.  :thumbsup:

you mean, it is no different than ANY large country in the world, right? :rolleyes:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Congrats USA. Don

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Clearly this is not true, otherwise we would not have prisons for folks who have relinquished their right to freedom by committing criminal acts.

I believe you were talking about "heaping scorn on my beloved land" as an action that would make a person undeserving of freedom.

Don't go pretending that you meant violent acts which require restraint of the perpetrator as self defense.

By the way what hundred people were you talking about?

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

well i did the weekend in style, though the 4th itself was rather tame for me.

friday morning we drove down to palisade campground, just NW of south fork and situated right on the rio grande. we did some rafting and the family i was with spent a bit of time fishing (no luck). it started raining saturday and never really stopped since (down there and in the springs), btw. saturday more of their family showed up and we moved on 30-mile campground sunday morning with even more of the family (my wife and son are in NY for her 20th hs reunion). 30-mile is named that because it is 30 miles past creede, right at the tip of the rio grande resevoir. the place was amazing.

the best, however, was taking the jeep (i have a 2000 cherokee) across the trail to silverton. mostly moderate 4-wheeling, but there is one section that required a bit of nerve, particularly for a 4-wheel newbie such as myself: timber hill. timber hill is normally difficult, but, as i mentioned it was raining. sharp, jagged rocks line the route up the top of the hill so you have to attempt it at a crawl. plus, if anyone is coming down, uphill travellers have to get over, which means backing down to a spot to pull over. ouch.

the only really scary part was at the top of the hill near pole creek. there was a crown on the road and it had been travelled heavily in the rain. a ranger was stuck when we pulled up. just past this area, the road sloped downward at about a 30% grade and it was slick as snot. after waiting on clearing the log-jam created by the stuck ranger, we hopped back on the road and slid down. fortunately, it wasn't very far to the river crossing below (mentioned in the trip-report above) which cleaned my tires a bit. water was probably coming in the doors, btw, but i wasn't paying attention. by that point i was just happy we didn't roll (there were 4 of us in the jeep).

we made the trip to silverton in 3 hours (average is listed as 3 to 3 1/2) and the return in 2 hours. i had confidence from a couple beers at the silverton brewery for the return trip. :thumbsup: well, it had stopped raining by then, too. the beer, btw, was outstanding and i brought home a growler (half gallon) of their porter. i shall work on that this weekend.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

You mean the hundred people I meant last night? Good Lord, I can barely remember last night. I believe I meant for every citizen who does not fulfil any civic obligations, such as voting, civil service, military service, or obeying the laws, a hundred men have died to ensure those laws. This is undoubtedly an exaggeration.

Now, if you'd like to point out the silly nature of my drunken ramble, I have no complaint. Poking fun at me is usually a perfectly legitimate passtime. :Eldar's smile and wink icon:

However, in the larger context of my posts, and I've made several on the topic, the most important civic duty I cite isn't service. It's voting. That's been an overarching theme to the majority of my posts regarding this subject.

Moreover, I am a patriot. I have every right to call myself such. You have far less right to challenge that statement. While it's probably banal to cite the dictionary, it does provide a definition. For example: "one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests."

Now, I love my country and, while I don't always like the guy in office, I support the foundation of its authority and work towards its interest.

As for our statements regarding those who deserve freedom, I was clearly excessive in my original post. However, you are completely wrong to say "all people deserve freedom." All people do not deserve freedom. If you'd like to ammend your statement to read: "No one should be denied freedom for heaping scorn on Eldar's beloved land, even when Eldar is smashed out of his gourd" then I'll agree.

So, here we are. I'll let you get the last word, crom.

Obsidian Plays

America doesn't hold a monopoly on a history of violence, Hades.

I never said it did. I just can't celebrate a holiday for a nation that is built upon hipocrisy and the spreading of misery. When one of our founding fathers writes "All men are created equal" yet owns slaves its hard to see the constitution and declaration of independece anything more than a joke.

Hades, you're right. America was founded by hipocrites. I guess I was just disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing with you. Like what a troll would do. I don't want to be a troll. I wish I was more like you. A non-troll.

Edited by thepixiesrock

If you think that I am a non-troll I think you need psychiatric help. :thumbsup:

I just don't see why we should be celebrating a holidays like the 4th of July, Columbus Day, Christmas and the such. Celebrating hipocrisy, death, pain, genocide, and the like just seems wrong to me.

I know what you mean. Those holidays are celebrating all the death and killing. They have nothing to do with anything good that we have done.

Why are you getting defensive? I'm agreeing with you. Everyone is very selfish and evil. Sometimes I think there are only a few of us pure hearts left that actually see what's going on.

Yeah, there are no pure hearts, right Hades? *wink* *wink*

Its not my heart that isn't pure, its these hands, they're always in to something they shouldn't, oh there they go again.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Its not my heart that isn't pure, its these hands, they're always in to something they shouldn't, oh there they go again.

This means you're probaly going to hell, because you just can't stop touching yourself.

I've heard that, but Jesus liked to touch himself, and he just went to purgatory.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.