Exile Gender Confirmed

This is dark day to us all Mical haters ;) Handmaiden isn't canon! :angry:

edit: Gah, didn't see that this one is in spoilers too :)"

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As in so many other topics on this forum, I must ask:

Where is the evidence???

All you've given us is a statement, with a reference to a newly published book. Can't you at least give us a scan of the page where this was said?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you did read it, but I like hard evidence and facts that I can see with my own eyes, rather than relying on the sentence on one person claming something.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Actually, I think I just found something that is evidence.

"I just picked up the New Essential Guide to Droids, and in it, a number of references are made to the Jedi Exile (such as in the entries for the T3 series and HK series). In all of them, the Exile is referred to as female. This seems as good of a confirmation as any that the Exile is canonically female. Also, it consistently refers to her as a "heroine" - seemingly implying that the light side ending is canon, though that's not definite. - 15:30 CDT, 28 June 2006

"About to make some edits to clear this problem up. - Breathesgelatin 00:33, 28 June 2006 (UTC)

Three NEGD quotes (emphasis mine):

"Five standard years later, T3-M4 reappeared aboard the abandoned freighter Ebon Hawk, where he fell into the company of the heroine known only as the Jedi Exile."

"HK-47 teamed up with the heroine known as the Jedi Exile to battle a trio of Sith Lords."

"G0-T0 soon became mixed up with an exiled Jedi Knight and her mission to destroy the Sith Lords."

I'm not really interested in that era, and I've never played the games. But that looks pretty much like a deliberate editorial decision to me. -- Darth Culator 00:53, 28 June 2006 (UTC)"

This is the page it came from: Exile = Female

I don't take this kind of thing seriously the point of the game is that you can make Revan & the Exile whatever gender you want them to be. They're not going to make a book/graphic novel/ comic featuring the Exile, so as far as I'm concerned the character remains undefined, unless a published story on the character says otherwise.

As of yesterday with the release of The New Essential Guide to Droids,the canonical Jedi Exile has been established as female.

Well, this brings a lot of thoughts to my head.

a) It confirms the reasons why Bastila wants to find Revan. She fears that Revan may form a....."bond" with the Jedi Exile :p

b) Hmm...Did they make the Exile female so we can have a Bastila vs. Exile thing in KOTOR 3? (w00t)

c) The Exile's reference as heroine would mean either LS or Grey side.

d) "Canon" has been maligned in lots of ways. Take for example Revan, who was refered to as DS male in the Chronicles of the Old Republic, while LucasArts said he was LS male. :-

e) ermm....So Disciple is canon and the handmaiden is history, and KOTOR 2's ending is a girl-on-girl fight (Atris vs. Exile vs. Traya).

Although this will be good for terms of equality (one male character and one female), it will eventually only bring about holes and bores (Disciple). (w00t)

And I wouldn't trust written works on canonicity. We need an official statement. Even in the case of Revan, the Chronicles of the Old Republic said he was DS male, while LA says he was LS male. So whats true? LA's word is gold here.

Edited by Accelerator

As I've stated before, Chronicles have some false information in them.

Revan= LSM

Exile= LSF

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Revan's 'canonical' gender can work both ways. As for the female Exile as someone said above, a three way girl fight?! Seem's too coincedental, plus Disciple without a Handmaiden adventuring beyond the Polar region = No good.

Edited by Darth Blivion

As I've stated before, Chronicles have some false information in them.

Revan= LSM

Exile= LSF

But why does the Chronicles of the Old Republic have some false info? Since it was written by an official source the info should not be "false" per se. :)

Like I said, LA's word is gold.

Don't ask for me. Either the writer of Chronicles was not aware that Leland Chee had informed that canonical Revan was LSM and he managed to forget that New essential chronology states Revan to be LSM, or writer was just dumbass with nearly no information about Kotor.

The Chronicles are marked by numerous minor continuity errors, perhaps due to textual compression. As such, they are widely considered to be not entirely reliable. At several points, the information given in the Chronicles appears to contradict that stated in the games of the Knights of the Old Republic franchise.

Also, it is never stated clearly in chronicles that Revan is DSM.

So: Revan is anyway LSM, Exile is now LSF

Edited by Xard