Hitman: Blood Money

I finished the Demo. I noticed there is a huge number of ways to kill the main target. all your weapons, syringe, bat, hammer, I suspect your fist, and probably junk I didn't even consider.

I was leaning more towards Chaos Theory, but I think I'll just go ahead and give this one a try. Is it worth it to get the first two, or should I just go for this one?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Silent Assassin and Contracts are great games, but they are probably a bit dated by today's standards. Contracts is a rehash of Codename 47 and Silent Assassin missions without a coherent plot of itself, which means that unless you have played those two, you'll find the game somewhat unremarkable.

Blood Money doesn't require that you have played any of the previous titles in order to follow the plot, so just get that one, as it's undeniably the best of the saga. There's always room for getting the others if you really like the theme and must absolutely play them.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I was thinking more about the SIG Commando, I had to literally dodge bullets and run my ass off to get it with me outta the mission. (on second completion that is)
If I'm remembering correctly, there should be one of those boxes in the alley on the right side of the house harboring Mark II and his gang, next to the unsuspecting bird and trash container. The Commando is the easy one to get. The "Kazo TRG", on the other hand, is a bitch, as there may or may not be a container nearby, given the random location of the sniper.

Ah I didn't know that. Well, at any rate all those guns are mostly just collectors items anyway, as you start with waaaay too little ammo for them, and no neaty transportable rifle case.

I found myself fielding the custom sniper more than any other rifle, as it came with a box free of charge! :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm currently downloading this title Direct2Drive. It's a pain because it's so big, but at least I have a fast connection.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was probably the only one who enjoyed the very first Hitman.. Now there's a game that's unforgiving to its players! I never completed it, even though I tried. It was damn difficult.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Was it the one with the jungle commando mission? That mission will always be my favorite. It had such a realistic feel to it imo.

Not to mention you had totally cool jungle camo clothing. :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think so. I just remember that at the end of one of the levels there was a tiger guarding the exit. Since the game lacked savegames in-level, I died like twenty times on that tiger.. Before I realized I had to pull a dead corpse there to distract it. I loved that level.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wasn't the game recently announced for the Xbox 360 as well?

At that X05 thing, which was before it was annouced for the PS3. But the game most likely will be multiplatform like Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Wasn't the game recently announced for the Xbox 360 as well?

At that X05 thing, which was before it was annouced for the PS3. But the game most likely will be multiplatform like Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon...

hrm... am I the only one who sees a connecter between dose tree titles?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm currently on the mission where you have to kill some fellow and then bring him back to life. I think I'll just go through the missions on normal and then bump up to expert. Master is probably a distant dream at this point. The first two missions, I left no witnesses, although I pretty much mowed down everyone in the first mission because I mistakenly thought that I had to take out the guards on the crosswalk area of the warehouse. In the Latin American one, I basically did away with most folks. Left no witnesses and only managed a talented marksman. I'm sure there are at least a couple levels higher on the shooter side of things.

The Curtain one was a cluster ****. I mean, I did all sorts of stupid stuff. I changed clothes by accident. Used the wrong weapons by accident. etc. Still, I'm too lazy to save and reload, so I just went ahead and climbed to the top of the scaffold ovelooking the stage and did away with the actor. Then I ran down the ladder and realized I should have stayed up on the stage. Of course, I should have brought my sniper rifle so I wouldn't have to kill every blessed person with the damned pistol or stolen gear.

Obsidian Plays

The rifle is tricky to use on Curtains Down because it's very easy for someone to spot you with it.  Also, it's very easy for a guard to find your case and take it to the security office on the 2nd floor.

you could use that... leave the case and let the guards take it then kill a guard of some kind and get it back up on the second floor step out onto a balcony and bang bang.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I never let go of the case.

I get some clothes in the first floor bathroom, climb up to the top of the lights and set a bomb on the chandelier.

I go up to the office, get the light control room, get my sniper rifle ready to go. Once the climax occurs, take a shot (make sure to have low-velocity ammo, unless you're replaying and can get a silencer for it), wait for his friend to freak out and come running out. With a bit of luck, set off the chandelier bomb, watch it crush him, and walk out with a smile on your face. Booyah!

Edited by alanschu

I'll replay the whole thing, but I'm a bit irritated. I've got the

cia agent out and back up again, but I can't get the hell out of dodge. There is no escape option.

Obsidian Plays

There was. Apparently, I still had stuff to do. I thought that part was optional. I figured out alternate ways to finish the missions, but I decided to gun and run this time around. What's funny is that I still haven't been ID'd. I have managed to get some noteriety, however. This was especially true on the **** sandwhich Curtain mission. However, that was only 22 and I got a 15 for the Flatline mission. Normal is definitely easy for this game. For some reason, I thought it was going to be ridiculously hard. Hell, Far Cry is harder. Of course, Far Cry is on my laptop, which makes everything harder.

Obsidian Plays

One of the targets you get you do indeed still have to kill. The mission isn't just to save the CIA agent. The CIA agent is required because he can ID the original mark. It just so happens that an additional two, optional marks were provided.

Blood Money is certainly the most forgiving Hitman game out there.

Yeah, but I don't mind forgiving in a game. I like a challenge, but I'm not normally for bragging rights. On the other hand, I think there are some really cool ideas that make Blood Money stand out for replay. I noticed tons of stuff I could have done to knock off some of those people. Hell, I noticed some things that probably would have let me knock off the targets and folks would only realize they'd been assassinated after conducting an autopsy. Hell, that syringe and bomb had some great uses I found. Unfortunately, I didn't really find out about those uses until I'd basically shot down everyone in the place.

What I think is incredible is that you could go through with very minimal kills. For example, on the flatline mission, I think I could get through without actually killing anyone.

Guard at beginning. One of those stupid orderlies downstairs.

I'm not sure that would work, but I'm going to give it a try on my next run. I'd like to keep the number of murders down. Mostly because it fits the profile of a silent killer. Running through the place shooting everything that moves is not an example of a stealthy kill.

Obsidian Plays

Last night I got a "perfect +" accuracy rating in the wrap-up for a New Life. I had 100% accuracy with all of my shots and a higher kill count than shots fired. The wrap up described my marksmanship as being equal to the legendary "Agent 47".

I also got the Russian Hare rating on Vintage Year by sniping about a billion people from a rooftop.

I never let go of the case. 

I get some clothes in the first floor bathroom, climb up to the top of the lights and set a bomb on the chandelier.

I go up to the office, get the light control room, get my sniper rifle ready to go.  Once the climax occurs, take a shot (make sure to have low-velocity ammo, unless you're replaying and can get a silencer for it), wait for his friend to freak out and come running out.  With a bit of luck, set off the chandelier bomb, watch it crush him, and walk out with a smile on your face.  Booyah!

There's a better way, y'know in your intel how it talks about a replica pistol?

There's this one room, think it's on the lower floor, been a little bit since I played that mission and I was forever getting lost. Anyhow, you get the replica gun from the desk by asking for your coat, 47 stealthily takes it then says he just needed something outta the pocket (:p) then you go down the stairwell next door, steal some worker clothes, few more corridors, don't remember which ones exactly, then you come upon the dressing rooms. I usually plant the bomb before this because once you do the next part you have a limited timeframe to work with. Find the dressing room for the actor who does the shooting the opera, should be a closet, hide in it. Wait for the guy to come in after the opera's over, he screws around with the gun for awhile, practicing his part, looks hilarious. Sets it down, goes to the bathroom. Now you switch it out with your real loaded gun, that looks the same. He takes it out, shoots the actor, his friend comes running down, detonate the chandelier bomb. Everything's and accident and 47 makes a clean escape, long range detonator really helps on this mission since everyone's freaking out once the actor gets shot. :cool:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

The reception desk is to the left as you enter the building. For my disguise

I usually wait in the bathroom to the right of the reception desk and sedate the worker when he comes in to use the facilities.

For Flatline:

I climb the trellis just beyond the guard post by the morgue and steal the admittance papers laying on the bench. I admit myself to the facilities and go right down the hall to the weight room. I wait for the mark in green to use the bench press and kill him with the weight. I then go upstairs and plant a RU mine on the chandelier fixture; and rig the gas cooker in room... C I believe. Then I go back down stairs and wait for the mark in the purple robe to take a drink from the bottle hidden in the globe and detonate the mine. That's it for the killing.

To finish off the objectives I go down the stairs next to the guard post and sedate the orderly that walks past the bin to the right, stealing his uniform and his key before hiding him in the bin. After sticking the agent I just go back to get 47's suit and walk down to the morgue.

Edited by Nartwak