Building safer nukes

Eddo36

Strike that.

It's almost like they only read the title.

I am of course, talking about DR and Hades.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I am of course, reffering to this.

There is no such think as a "safer" nuke.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

As long as the weapon exists its not safe. It doesn't matter if it is in "proper" hands or was stolen. It doesn't matter if it doesn't explode accidentally if it can explode purposely. The result is the same. It doesn't matter if the detonation material works or not because it can still be used to make a "dirty" bomb and still have the killing effectiveness, but at a longer stretch of time.

The very nature of a nuclear missile cannot be made safer without dismantling.

As long as the weapon exists its not safe.  It doesn't matter if it is in "proper" hands or was stolen.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't explode accidentally if it can explode purposely.  The result is the same.  It doesn't matter if the detonation material works or not because it can still be used to make a "dirty" bomb and still have the killing effectiveness, but at a longer stretch of time.

The very nature of a nuclear missile cannot be made safer without dismantling.

See, now you are changing the words around to better suit you. The word used was "safer" not safe. Maybe you should read the first page of this thread.

You can't make something safer when it was never safe to begin with, Pixie Stick.

If you did read the first page, in it's entirety, you have just proven to me, and the entire forum, that you are an incredibly dense person.

I read the first post and I think it is a load of bull. A waste of our resources. I think it is downright sickening that two companies are makingit a competition of who can make the better bomb.

Edited by Judge Hades

You can't make something safer when it was never safe to begin with, Pixie Stick.

If you did read the first page, in it's entirety, you have just proven to me, and the entire forum, that you are an incredibly dense person.

Had the title read "Safe Nukes" and you did not put any thought or prior knowledge at all into the title, then sure, oxymoron.  Fine.

The title, however, reads "Safer nukes" the fact that it says safer automatically shows that it is being compared to something.  When you use a word such as that, and you are comparing the safeness of something, even if it is deadly, it isn't an oxymoron.  One is safer than the other.  It doesn't contradict itself.

You know Pixie Stick, you are way too excitable and aggressive to have a proper discussion.  Bye.

Hahahahahahahaha, when Hades is unable to understand something, he get's frustrated. He then calls people excitable and agressive when they put something in a larger font to show them they missed what was said.

Unable to have a proper discussion Hades my boy?

I don't think that is the case.

YOU're the jerkface.

I was only refuting your oxymoron stance.

It is a waste of resources to make a nuclear bomb safer when they are designed not to be safe to begin with. They are designed to kill and nothing else. The only way to make a nuclear bomb safer and make use of proper resources is to dismantle the missiles.

Edited by Judge Hades

They are making them so that they will be less likely to go off accidentally, and so that if they get stolen, they will not be able to be fired. You think of it like they are designed to just blow up anything. They are designed to blow up who ever the creator of the bomb wants to blow up. There are a number of ways they can make a nuclear bomb safer, and they have nothing to do with dismantling them.

Finish him!

Well,you both of course, would be wrong.  A safe nuke would be less vulnerable to accidental detonation and so secure that any stolen or lost weapon would be unusable.  That's a safe nuke.  An unsafe nuke is one that could be set off easily and accidentally detonated, and able to be used if stolen. 

It's almost like you fellas didn't even read any of what Eddo quoted for us.

So an unsafe nuke would be like Russia's nukes?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It is a waste of resources to make a nuclear bomb safer when they are designed not to be safe to begin with.

Are you just being obtuse for the sake of stirring things up?

Edited by alanschu