KOTOR Movie

Just like Obi-Wan said in ep4... "... the great Jedi Knights were once the guardians of peace in the galaxy, until the dark times..."  He was refering to the Jedi in KOTOR.

No. He was refering to the pre-clone wars era. The dark times began with Darth Sidious taking power as Emperor.

But he also didn't remember R2 so maybe quoting him is a mistake. :D

Yes, but Kotor's are not as famous as Exar Kun amongst REAL PEOPLE

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Lets make a poll shall we... and see who knows better Exar and who knows KOTOR better. I bet KOTOR will win, because Exar Kun was first introduced by this series. Otherwise, only a SW bookworm would have known it.

Real people know KOTOR and the game itself... who cares about Exar anyway...

Lets make a poll shall we... and see who knows better Exar and who knows KOTOR better. I bet KOTOR will win, because Exar Kun was first introduced by this series. Otherwise, only a SW bookworm would have known it.

Real people know KOTOR and the game itself... who cares about Exar anyway...

KotOR games mention Exar Kun quite a few times. The games even portray Marka Ragnos quite well and this particular Sith Lord also appeared in Jedi Academy.

I know I knew of Exar Kun before playing KotOR but not to much.

Your poll will hopefully not be posted here as this is a website largely dedicated to the KotOR games and the poll's subjectivity would likely suffer.

:lol:"

Yes, but Kotor's are not as famous as Exar Kun amongst REAL PEOPLE

We're not real people, we're avatars on a game site forum board.

:wacko:

What I mean: There is many EU characters who are much more famous than Revan, or Exile, or any of Kotor characters.

Exar Kun is one of them, he has (well sort of) own comic serie, and he has appeared in books etc.

Propably even more famous is Kyle Katarn, who is propably most popular SW-game character ever. He even appears outside of the games.

He is seen in:

* Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire

* Dark Forces (First appearance)

* Empire At War

* Dark Forces: Rebel Agent

* Dark Forces: Jedi Knight

* Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

* Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

* Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

* Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

* Force Heretic I: Remnant

* Equals and Opposites

* The Unifying Force

* Dark Nest I: The Joiner King

* Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen

* Dark Nest III: The Swarm War

Where as Revan is only in:

* Shadows and Light (Vision to Duron Qel-Droma)

* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)

* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Vision to Jedi Exile)

And Exile is only in Kotor II.

And lets not forget that there are EU-book series which could became even good SW movies, better than PT atleast.

Now I am naturally talking about first Admiral Thrawn trilogy, which are propably best EU books ever. They are not rubbish like most of EU, they are actually good books. And Thrawn ftw by the way =]

And Admiral Thrawn is much more famous and popular than Exile or Revan. Heck, they both are seen in only one video game serie.

There is lots of EU characters and happenings that are more famous than Kotor series.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

This is Star Wars universe section, anything of Sw goes here.

And you were the one who wanted Kotor movie. I just pointed out few of those many reasons why it won't happen

Guest The Architect

To put it simple, please DO NOT EVER MAKE A MOVIE BASED ON THE KOTOR GAMES! I'm sure anyone with at least half a brain knows why they should NEVER EVER make a KOTOR movie, beisdes, IMO, almost everything in KOTOR is a blatant ripoff from the OT, the storyline of KOTOR is OVERRATED! Don't get me wrong, I like KOTOR, it's a very fun and enjoyable game and feels very much like Star Wars but the plot in KOTOR IMO is probably one of the most cliched, silly, flat, unoriginal, uncreative and simplistic storylines I've ever come across, the plot twist is extremely overrated, it sucks that you were Revan, however, it was so blatantly obvious that you were Revan it's wasn't funny, but even though the storyline was one of the weakpoints of KOTOR, it is just a video game and most video games are never meant to have brilliant storylines, etc, I still enjoyed playing KOTOR, even though it was very dodge in terms of story, characters and pacing.

I know that the KOTOR lovers will probably start giving me ****, but meh, I couldn't care less, we are all entitled to our own opinions, I've shared mine and no one has to agree with me, if you think the storyline, etc in KOTOR is wonderful then by all means you go ahead and beleive what you want to beleive, but please never make KOTOR and/or KOTOR II into a movie, it's one of the stupidest ideas that has ever been thought of.

Edited by The Architect

To put it simple, please DO NOT EVER MAKE A MOVIE BASED ON THE KOTOR GAMES! I'm sure anyone with at least half a brain knows why they should NEVER EVER make a KOTOR movie, beisdes, IMO, almost everything in KOTOR is a blatant ripoff from the OT, the storyline of KOTOR is OVERRATED! Don't get me wrong, I like KOTOR, it's a very fun and enjoyable game and feels very much like Star Wars but the plot in KOTOR IMO is probably one of the most cliched, silly, flat, unoriginal, uncreative and simplistic storylines I've ever come across, the plot twist is extremely overrated, it sucks that you were Revan, however, it was so blatantly obvious that you were Revan it's wasn't funny, but even though the storyline was one of the weakpoints of KOTOR, it is just a video game and most video games are never meant to have brilliant storylines, etc, I still enjoyed playing KOTOR, even though it was very dodge in terms of story, characters and pacing.

I know that the KOTOR lovers will probably start giving me ****, but meh, I couldn't care less, we are all entitled to our own opinions, I've shared mine and no one has to agree with me, if you think the storyline, etc in KOTOR is wonderful then by all means you go ahead and beleive what you want to beleive, but please never make KOTOR and/or KOTOR II into a movie, it's one of the stupidest ideas that has ever been thought of.

I won't give you **** because I agree with you. For K1, the big plot twist didn't even surprise me. I thought the idea was clever but the implementation was sloppy. I thought Bastila's turning was more gripping, although I expected it as well.

The story is basically "Find the map pieces that will reveal the location of the great threat to the universe, infiltrate and kill the source of the evil". That and then the filler parts which are very could and make the game worth playing.

K2's story was more epic but the game needed to last longer in order to flesh out all the complicated parts. K2 had a lot more potential than K1 IMO but the game was rushed and lost a lot of appeal for it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprise if Uwe would try to make a KotOR movie but I doubt GL would allow it.

Well why did they make a movie out of Final Fantasy and Doom then, huh?

The games simply sucked!!! So I don't know why they made them into movies...

And however we are just judging... GL can do whatever he wants... he might even do it!

And by the looks u didn't even like the games...

Of course it's a video game... nothing of that is real... I think it's already hard for BioWare and Obsidian to produce those games... so why don't u produce a game and then lets see your bright ideas.... since your an Architect... start building.

Well why did they make a movie out of Final Fantasy and Doom then, huh?

The games simply sucked!!! So I don't know why they made them into movies...

They make movies out of videogames because they believe the fan base is large enough for them to make money out of those films.

I would really like to know why you find Doom and Final Fantasy games sucky.

Please elaborate.