Dark Reign

Dark Reign has got to be the hardest RTS I've ever played. I like the seting, the units, the gaemplay was fun for it's time(now it's rather appalling), but it was just too damn hard.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I own it. Fun game. I started playing it again recently. -_-

A number of the missions were really hard and would take several tries to gather information before you could make a serious attempt to beat it.

Edited by Deraldin

Anyone heard of the game Dark Reign?

Realtime combat apparently there is Online Community playing it still ... also Fury?

Many thanks

Yes I own it, but it no longer runs on my system, it's probably my fav RTS of all time, multiplayer anyways.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Anyone heard of the game Dark Reign?

Realtime combat apparently there is Online Community playing it still ... also Fury?

Many thanks

Yes I own it, but it no longer runs on my system, it's probably my fav RTS of all time, multiplayer anyways.

Works on my XP system... Make the setup.exe run in compatability mode and then the game exe the same. =]

Dark Reign was an RTS released in the late '90s from Auran, a developer based here in Brisbane, Australia.

Dark Reign Website

I believe there was a sequel released some years later (not developed by Auran).

Fury is their new MMPORPG that will apparently concentrate on PVP play. I had a look at it earlier this year when I was at their offices for work and to be honest I think they're going to have a tough time competing against the WOW juggernaut.

Thanks everyone.

DemonKing, not every product competes with every other on the market: people who buy a 4x4 aren't looking to compare it with a saloon car, after all.

What I mean is, maybe Fury isn't designed / planned / supposed to compete with WoW ...

It sounds like there is a hard-core base of fans for the game, and that is a good start ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT