I hate customers.

Oerwinde

What was that about drinks?

drinks are priced seperately, so if you order a #1 with a coke you see

#1=$#.##

Coke=$1.60 (21 oz)

Ah.

I imagine it still comes out to the 4.99 or whatever the heck it's supposed to be though?

yup

and it's 4.92

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The price is dependent on the franchise; I remember we had three McDonalds restaurants within walking distance when I was young, and the prices were all different.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The price is dependent on the franchise; I remember we had three McDonalds restaurants within walking distance when I was young, and the prices were all different.

They had Mcdonalds back then? :blink:

Hey!

The 6 of them in town here all have the same prices for everything. :blink:

Call fair trading! Price-fixing! :o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The 6 of them in town here all have the same prices for everything. :blink:

That sounds rather more like the McDonald's we all know and love. Every shop the same, complete standardisation and central control. It's like communism. :o

and it's 4.92

I hope you worked that out on a calculator. Evidence of mental arithmetic skills and a sense of humour - you're not exactly McDonald's material, are you? :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

and it's 4.92

I hope you worked that out on a calculator. Evidence of mental arithmetic skills and a sense of humour - you're not exactly McDonald's material, are you? :)

kinda, I have it and several other prices memorized because you see them so much...

1.07 for a small

1.60 for a med

1.81 for a large

2.03 for an XL

1.07 for anything on the dollar menu

2.15 for any two items

3.22 for any three

4.28 for any four...

4.92 is the standard for the #1 #2 #4 #8 #9 and #10

oye... I've been working long enough to default to the next paygrade. (raise on the 16th WOO!)

also meta usually franchises are given a standard by corperate that they must adhere to but are also given options on what they can change (like the 39 cent tuesdays type of thing) in our area most of the franchise owners get together every so often and decide on certain things like oatmeal cookies and to sell them or not. curerntly only one franchise owner in the area has the deal a day going on and I've had a customer yell at me about it because by golly she wanted her 99 cent mac...

Also the owner is able to choose weather or not to give us benefits :grrrr:. Mine decided against because is so drn expensive. the franchise owner also gets around most of the "full time" rules by scheduleing us for 42 hrs a week but because we get a government mandated 30 minute break (off the clock) that figure comes down to 39.5 hours and thus are not full time. (like I said grrr)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Customer: Hi, can I get a 6" cheesesteak combo?

Me: I'm sorry we're closed

Customer: What?

Me: We're closed.

Me: Closed

Me: Closed, We're closed.  C-L-O-S-E-D

Customer 2: Yeah, how do you spell that in French?

Me: I dunno...

Customer 2: How about with no teeth?

Me: *goes in back to do dishes*

I've dealth with some unruly customers before. I've even had to make a citizen's arrest or five in my life. It's best to avoid fisticuffs in your place of business, however, so you did the right thing.

However, the next time you should walk over to the phone, pick it up, and say, "No, but I do know how to spell P O L I C E."

I worked Human Resources in the training department. Imagine, I conducted a number of different training seminars, two of which were customer service. I disagree that you should hate your customers. On the other hand, respect is a two way street. I never allowed anyone abuse my employees.

The bottom line, however, is that you didn't get in a big fight with the customer, and that's the wise thing to do. Save the heroics for when your life, or those of your fellow employees, is endangered.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, at least your customers don't think you want to kill them (even if you do).

It's happened to me! Well, "customers", anyway.

"But I didn't even make any overt death threats yet!"

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The most unruly customer I ever had was armed with a 9mm handgun. Okay, he wasn't really a customer but he got what he wanted, then the police got what they wanted, and now he has a 37 year prison sentence so I am sure his cellmate is getting what he wanted.

Customer 2: Yeah, how do you spell that in French?

Fu toi.

Because Quiznos totally has a better product, now for a limited time only try our Prime Rib and Peppercorn sub, lavished tenderly with a double portion of our premium Prime Rib, sauteed onions, mozzeralla cheeze, and our Mild Peppercorn dressing. 

Also we currently have a limited time sale on our Double Stacked Pastrami sandwich, which comes with a double portion of our deli style Pastrami, swiss cheese, a hearty portion of dill pickles, and our Chef's Recipe Smoky Onion Mustard.

:D I am soooo going to ban your sorry ass for advertising your sorry product on this fine board! :p ( Either that or charge your store advert fees. :blink: )

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

:D Needless to say this is why I work with machines and not people. Machines don't develope attitude problems. People on the other hand tend to get testy when I take a hammer to them for being stupid. Then they call their maggot lawyers before they call their doctors.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Maybe it was three strikes.

He did breaking and enterting before and had 1 year probation, but he violated probation and now has a 37 year prison sentence. He can be paroled in 17 years.

In Iowa, you do the crime you will most certainly do the time. We don't have revolving prison doors here.

If you saw the source code I am havnig to work through, you'd rephrase that :D

:D I programmed for a few years in the late 70's/early 80's so I'll give you that one!

Ruminations...

I have mixed feelings on locking people up for extreme times.  Meh.

I don't. It gets stupid people like him off the streets. The guy had a full ride football scholarship at the university and he decides to pull this crap. Also they gave him 1 year probation on his first criome and he blew it. If we don't have severe punishments for crime the criminals will just go and do it again and again and again.