Who's the best video game spy?

Who's the best video game spy?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best video game spy?

• James Bond
    • Solid Snake
    • Sam Fisher
    • Other (Please List)

I'll buy Chaos Theory the moment I can find it under 30 euros. The demo was impressive and the soundtrack is top notch. Ambience is a big part of the experience, I think.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Except for some reason he can't get past the Opera without a "witness."

I have no idea who this witness is, or how he sees me.

I'm not even in a line of sight to the people when they die!

I got no witnesses on that one (which kinda makes you wonder the definition of "witness" in that game). But I got a single witness in many other missions. I believe if people see you stalking them too much before you knock them out, they may get suspicious and then are considered "witnesses". Either that, or it's a bug.

I'll buy Chaos Theory the moment I can find it under 30 euros. The demo was impressive and the soundtrack is top notch. Ambience is a big part of the experience, I think.
I believe I've seen it under

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's what I'm thinking too. Except that I didn't really stalk anybody in the Opera level.

But I did shoot the guy from the lightroom when his costar fake shot him. I've seen 3 different ways to kill him

I want Double Agent so bad.

I'm hoping you can hide under snow like in that one cutscene in the trailer, but I'm not really holding my breath on that one. 

Swimming will be nice though.

Ya but I'm afraid it's becoming an action game.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Isn't Snake like a commando or something.

There isn't so much "spying" as "finding and killing your target without being seen too much" going on.

Played a MGS? It's a stealth game... running in with guns blazing only gets you killed.

The only time you are forced to kill is during Boss fights...

There isn't so much "spying" as "finding and killing your target without being seen too much" going on.

Played a MGS? It's a stealth game... running in with guns blazing only gets you killed.

Yep, but stealth doesn't = spying

your not "spying" you are infiltrating and then killing. Hence a commando, not a spy.

...not the Bond is a spy in that sense either, but at least he isn't in fatigues and face paint

Edited by kumquatq3

Yep, but stealth doesn't = spying

your not "spying" you are infiltrating and then killing. Hence a commando, not a spy.

...not the Bond is a spy in that sense either, but at least he isn't in fatigues and face paint

I guess you have a point. Though, all the MGS games usually start Snake off as a spy of some sort before the hole thing blows over.

So, am I the only one who has played Covert Action?

Yes

The closest thing to a "spy" game I've played is prolly Beyond Good and Evil. Only game I can think of that has stealth and gathering of info via stealth. Tho she is a reporter.

Never played Splinter Cell tho.

Edited by kumquatq3

So, am I the only one who has played Covert Action?

No.

I thought it was kind of fun but I couldn't really get into it.

On the subject of games where you play a spy: Cate Archer is a spy. You use stealth and guile to avoid detection, gathering a myriad of intelligence items.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

actually I'm going to change my vote. I'm gonna add JC Denton. (he's technically a spy...)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.