Who's the best video game spy?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best video game spy?

• James Bond
    • Solid Snake
    • Sam Fisher
    • Other (Please List)

Cate Archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who didn't vote for Cate is only half a man. Or maybe, a third of a man, it's hard to tell.

Can't you add her to the poll?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The thing I didn't like about Cate was that her games played a lot like GoldenEye 64. They're still combat intensive.

The games were also too tongue in cheek. They were a blast to play, but I don't take her seriously enough.

Fisher, especially in Chaos Theory (Eldar, give the demo for it a try when you get your new card), sneaks through entire levels avoiding badguys (or killing them if you prefer). My favourite was sneaking into a Missile Silo and disarming a missile with none of the people in the base the wiser.

Grabbing people while hanging from a ledge and tossing them down was great fun too!

I think it was possible to play through the whole of both NOLFs with minimum violence. I managed to finish some levels without killing a single person.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't.

Perhaps more importantly though, I was never really encouraged to. I had no problems playing through the levels run and gun style.

The very first level, for example though, has you killing waves of guys with a sniper rifle to protect some bumbling baffoon that is too stupid to realize what's going on :)

Edited by alanschu

The point is, you can choose whether to play it stealthily or actiony (new word, wheee). Anyway, you probably missed a lot of funny dialogues between bad guys if you played the game run and gun style.

Heja Sverige!!

No, I crawled everywhere that I could.

I just found avoiding combat to be particularly difficult, or just not worth it. Once they were done talking, I could kill them.

With some of the level designs, it seems pretty clear to me that the game was supposed to be an action game.

I'd rate it an action game (an excellent one at that) ahead of a spy game, but to each his own.

Edited by alanschu

I just found avoiding combat to be particularly difficult, or just not worth it.

It's worth it for the coolness factor. :cool: :)

Heja Sverige!!

No One Lives Forever 2 was much more spy related than No One Lives Forever 1, although in the end I actually liked NOLF1 better. Both were very good Austin Powers mock ups (which is the point ofcourse).

Another character for this poll could be "Jason Fly" from XIII (

I haven't read the comics but in events past the game that's not actually his real name

). Sure you are supposed to be a killing machine but man, more than half the game was sneaking around!

LOL, guess it was pointless just mentioning a character I wouldn't even vote for :p

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

No One Lives Forever 2 was much more spy related than No One Lives Forever 1

Why do you say that?

Heja Sverige!!

Badger, Mushroom, Garrett.

:p

Edit: Seriously though, I can't say Snake since I haven't played the games enough and it seemed like a lot of closets were involved. I mean, who the heck doesn't check closets when he is searching for intruders? Whatever. As for Cate Archer, I really can't vote her, because the series isn't even supposed to be taken seriously. And Fisher? Well, he's qualified, yes and some of the missions in the later titles seem way cool and espionagy(hah), but I really must go with the one I'm comfortable with: Bond.

I did vote "Other".

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Rikimaru and Ayame(Tenchu), I guess I might give them a sub-vote. Although I don't like the whole "let's kill end bosses with ninja superpowers!!!11"-thing which is sadly present in all ninja games.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Agreed. Hiding in a crowd beats hiding in a box or a dark corner anyday.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That and with Sam Fisher it's all "Okay Sam, we need you to do this, this, and this all without getting caught, here's a bunch of high tech equipment that would make the CIA green with envy GO!"

Hitman it's just him, a pocket PC/Laptop, an earpiece, a few guns, and some fiberwire. Mr. Forty Seven is a stone cold badass.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I enjoyed the first 2, but I found Chaos Theory to be superior to both of them in pretty much every way.

The fact that Sam has the ability to defend himself without his pistol is a refreshing change as wel.