NWN2 May Get new Publisher

What's funny if this happens ( which it likely won't); is that BIo wnated to get away from D&D/Atari (heheh) after NWN.

L0LLERZ! :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What's funny if this happens ( which it likely won't); is that BIo wnated to get away from D&D/Atari (heheh) after NWN.

L0LLERZ! :D

...yea, but think o' it this way:

...IN-EPT-PLAY had theys own division ta handle D&D games (BIS)...why couldna BIOweeenia do the same???...Obsidz already be the huggy-kissy type when it comes ta the BIOweeenians, has been fer a long time; so why not make Unca Feargie an offer ta merge Obsidz wit' BIOweeenia an be the D&D cRPG division o' BIOweeenia???...a win-win, if'n ya asks me... :huh:"

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Sarcasm aside, Bioware does have the clout and power to take over the DnD computer license and work as a publisher, thanks to Elevation. I think that could work for the best for that way Bioware can do the PMs and continued support for NWN 1 while at the same time give Obsidian a outlet for their own PMs for NWN 2.

What was that?  Alone With The Dork?  What?  :huh:

animelol1ts4ap0md.gif

...one fer Visc... :p

• Like 1

"I think that could work for the best for that way Bioware can do the PMs and continued support for NWN 1"

BIO wa splanning to stop supprting NWN after this year, anyways. They had given indications they were inetretsed in making PM for NWN2 though (dpeending on Atari and Obsidian of course).

That's another reasonw hy Atari's recent move was retarded.

"so why not make Unca Feargie an offer ta merge Obsidz wit' BIOweeenia an be the D&D cRPG division o' BIOweeenia???...a win-win, if'n ya asks me... "

Why would Obsidian do that? They already have a contract with Sega, and another undisclosed game as well.

Sarg, you scare me sometimes.  :p

...I knows...I's scares me sometimes... :huh:

• Like 1

The closest thing to one was a Rob Bartel interview from 2005 that BIO would like/were hoping to. It's the same article wher ehe says that BIo would stop supporting NWN1 after 2006 (this year). I believe Llyr shared in the link in the 'NWN2 stops NWN support' thread.

Edited by Volourn

The closest thing to one was a Rob Bartel interview from 2005 that BIO would like/were hoping to. It's the same article wher ehe says that BIo would stop supporting NWN1 after 2006 (this year). I believe Llyr shared in the link in the 'NWN2 stops NWN support' thread.

I'll do some investigative reporting :p

http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=10472

Atari Responds To Neverwinter Nights Non-Support Rumors

FiringSquad contacted Atari's PR represenative to get their side of rumors that the publisher has order developer BioWare to not offer any more premimum modules for their hit RPG Neverwinter Nights. As you can read in the official response, Atari somewhat evades the question and instead hypes the mod support for the upcoming sequel Neverwinter Nights 2:

"Neverwinter Nights 2, the highly-anticipated sequel from Obsidian Entertainment, is rapidly approaching release in September and features an enormous new single-player campaign, gorgeous visuals and effects and new gameplay. However, what the mod community is sure to find most striking are the upgrades in-store with the new editor.

Obsidian has spent painstaking time both improving and adding to the functionality of the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset, which will ship with the game. In addition, Obsidian has added a fair amount of backwards compatibility into the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset thus allowing mod developers the ability to convert significant portions of their Neverwinter Nights creations directly into the new Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset.

The vast majority of Neverwinter Nights mods in development are by the mod community, and the current and future development of modules, conversions or add-ons planned for Neverwinter Nights will continue to be supported.

Atari understands the importance and popularity of the mod community, which has supported the Neverwinter Nights franchise for years. Atari remains as committed to the franchise and the growing members of the community as ever and we

EA will buy it, if it goes for sale. Just like they bought every other license.

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: IT'S IN THE GAME!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:'(

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.