Hitman: Blood Money

Surely you could find a different mirror that isn't as slow.

I've looked for it on other sites but they are all "You must wait eleventy billion hours before the download begins", and I can't be arsed with that tbh, I'll go and play the full version of it up a mates house or something. Quiker than waiting for downloads to finish.

<_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

It's not. You always knock them out successfully, and for the rest of the mission. No deaths either, unless you do something afterwards. That's not so bad, really. You already have enough in your hands to have to worry about people waking up.

Sounds like a case of stream-lining taken too far. When provided the opportunity, I'm prone to just strolling around in a stealth game knocking everyone in a level out if I know they won't wake up, like in Thief, and that becomes the entire gameplay for me. I liked how in the Hitman games you were often forced to work around non-targets, and when you did make someone unconcious, you had to hurry and stay focused on completing your goals before they woke up.

Are there generally more crowds of people in BM?

And I linked the damn thing in the first post. Sheez.

Numbs, it sounds very good. I think I'll buy it.

Oh, and StillLife, you'd think a genetically enhanced killing machine with years of experience would know what to hit and how hard. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And I linked the damn thing in the first post. Sheez.
Yeah, well. But it wasn't me posting the link, you see.

Anyway,

<--- idiot

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh, and StillLife, you'd think a genetically enhanced killing machine with years of experience would know what to hit and how hard. :(

Good point, but the other methods were so befitting of a modern assasin/hitman, rather than just bopping them over the head with brute force like a cave man. :ph34r:

Certain traditions need to be upheld. Like cleaning the whole level of crooks by banging their head with a lead implement, a la Thief. :D

No, seriously, I want to do the missions as cool and clean as possible, but it's a welcome change from strangling everything that stands in your way. I would have preferred cloroform and then ropes though.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Sounds like a case of stream-lining taken too far.  When provided the opportunity, I'm prone to just strolling around in a stealth game knocking everyone in a level out if I know they won't wake up, like in Thief, and that becomes the entire gameplay for me.  I liked how in the Hitman games you were often forced to work around non-targets, and when you did make someone unconcious, you had to hurry and stay focused on completing your goals before they woke up.
You just can't do that in this game. It's hard enough to approach someone from behind without them hearing and turning around (in which case you can't grab them) so you can knock them out, and it's often impossible to do because people can see you. At any rate, you won't be putting more than two or three people to sleep per level, and in most cases it'll be to grab a disguise or get an annoying potential witness out of the way.

Well, yes and no. There seems to be more civilians than previous installments (bars, parties with 10-20 NPCs), but less guards and/or police. Also, guards tend not to stay still for more than a few seconds, and not always in the place that is convenient to you.

As for crowds, there's a mission that takes place in New Orleans during the Mardi Gras parade. That enough for you? :(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, yes and no. There seems to be more civilians than previous installments (bars, parties with 10-20 NPCs), but less guards and/or police. Also, guards tend not to stay still for more than a few seconds, and not always in the place that is convenient to you.

As for crowds, there's a mission that takes place in New Orleans during the Mardi Gras parade. That enough for you? :)

is it realistic about mardi gras with you hucking beads?

And is it as disjointed as contracts?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

is it realistic about mardi gras with you hucking beads?
Well, the crowds at the parade aren't really actors like the rest of NPCs you find through the game. They don't appear in the radar, and their behavior and interactions seem to be greatly simplified so as to prevent any framerate drops. You can bump against them and kill them, though. I didn't try to go on a rampage in the middle of the parade, though, so I don't know how they would react. The end result is pretty good, anyway.

No, as I said, the game does follow a plot, with pre-rendered scenes being played between missions. The plot is also reinforced by some bits of info you can get from the newspapers.

You just can't do that in this game. It's hard enough to approach someone from behind without them hearing and turning around (in which case you can't grab them) so you can knock them out, and it's often impossible to do because people can see you. At any rate, you won't be putting more than two or three people to sleep per level, and in most cases it'll be to grab a disguise or get an annoying potential witness out of the way.

Okay, that really doesn't sound so bad. I've always enjoyed the series, so I'll be picking it up eventually.

Contracts was meant to be disjointed as it was mainly just 47 recalling old hits while in a state of delirium.

Did you play it for PC or what Numbs?

I'm planning on buying it, always been a fan of the games, and they're the only ones we know how to make. <_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Eh, I got it from the rental store, thank you.

As for the release date, it was out in Europe on the 26th. For you Amerikans... who knows? :(

Gah! Stupid Eidos Interactive website just says May 31st.

You can rent PC games? I remember a few stores tried doing that where I live, but it never really took off.

How exactly does it work? It just seems even more ripe for piracy than console renting.

Gah!  Stupid Eidos Interactive website just says May 31st.

You can rent PC games?  I remember a few stores tried doing that where I live, but it never really took off.

How exactly does it work?  It just seems even more ripe for piracy than console renting.

Europeans are all uber pirates anyway.

How exactly does it work?  It just seems even more ripe for piracy than console renting.
It is. I won't tell anyone if you don't. :ph34r:

The thing is, most people that know how to download a no-CD patch for a game (thus incurring in rental-based piracy), also know how to download the actual game, and don't even bother to walk down to the store.

I rent most of my games, and usually after beating them, I decide if they're worth owning or not. Mostly they aren't. Sometimes I just buy the thing to support the dev, too. That's what I did with KotOR2, even though I've replayed that one once or twice since. Rental is also a nice way of scratching the itch until the game appears in the bargain bin...

Europeans are all uber pirates anyway.
Oh yeah? We'll see who gets the last laugh when we sink the indistry!

Well, not everyone wants to pirate, even though they have no moral scrouples against it.

I don't.

kirottu said:

Why bother renting it to begin with?
Really, for me it's more a matter of impatience, than one of moral scruples. If I don't like a game it's unimportant if I download it or not, as I'm not going to buy it anyway. But I don't like wasting my time and bandwidth downloading stuff that isn't even guaranteed to work, when I can easily and quickly get it for an insignificant sum (~

Fair enough.

Well, not everyone wants to pirate, even though they have no moral scrouples against it.

I don't.

Moral scruples has little to do with it if you have no problems pirating a rented copy of the game.

I don't agree with it, but rather than turning this into a debate about piracy, I'm going to drop it.

Oh, I misunderstood, nevermind me. :ninja:

kirottu said: