Atari Pulls Plug On Nwn1?

I disagree.

Ahum

since people won't buy ****.

Consistent, Alanschu... VERY consistent...

Quoted out of context from a discussion about MODs. How many crap mods have gone retail and sold well?

Here's the full line:

Finally, only good, high quality mods will evolve to the point where there is a cost, since people won't buy ****.

Again, I can't think of too many mods that were of low quality that became official, let alone sold well.

Edited by alanschu

Well, the DD mods were fun for what they were, but I wasn't really blown away by the story/writing/gameplay of any of them. In hindsight, I wouldn't have bought them.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Which mods are you talking about? Are you talking about the premium modules? As I'm not familiar with too many mods that have gone retail that have had stories in them at all.

The comment that BW quoted spilled over from his bitching that people have made mods such as Counterstrike and soon Garry's Mod (for Half-Life 2) and those mods have become official products for sale.

Edited by alanschu

Er, yeah, premium modules.

And whining about stuff like Garry's mod and CS is pretty meh. You can still play the old versions. If I were Garry and I wanted to get into the industry, you can bet I'd want to have professional credit on my CV. That'd be more useful than just having amateur credit, no matter how popular the mod is. I highly doubt most modders aren't trying to get into the industry.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You can still play the new versions of CS as well. All I have ever paid for was Half-Life. I've never had to pay for Counterstrike.

But there's been a big discussion here about how DD is bad because the makers of high quality, popular mods are able to market their product.

I said "Finally, only good, high quality mods will evolve to the point where there is a cost, since people won't buy ****." And he mentioned:

Black&White proofs you wrong! DAMN IT; I even bought the PoS myself for the full $50,- while I find it utter crap

He then tried to sway the argument about how people buy crappy games, even though I never said they didn't. I was talking about the free mods that went retail.

It's a pretty entertaining thread actually. The doom and gloom of DD was quite hilarious.

So your people don't buy **** comment was only based on mods, eh...

"SINCE people don't buy ****" doesn't exactly point to that, but more to the general ALWAYS instead of "only when mods are involved"

But let's take it back to the original thread instead of hyacking this one...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You're the one that brought it here :o

Yes, I could have been more specific. But it was a point about mods, as indicated with the word "mods" right in the sentence. I figured it was obvious.

Edited by alanschu

Yes, I could have been more specific.  But it was a point about mods, as indicated with the word "mods" right in the sentence.  I figured it was obvious.

Finally, only good, high quality mods will evolve to the point where there is a cost, since people won't buy ****.

Finally, only good, high quality mods will evolve to the point where there is a cost, SINCE people won't buy ****

Good, high quality mods only get bought because people never buy thrash. Hmmm, where would I have gotten the hint it should be about the mods and not a general opinion people never buy thrash, as is given here in decent english?

Non-native English speakers could get away, but clearly you should know the meaning of *SINCE*...

Continuation:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=41726&hl=

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

**** off you twit. I already commented that I could have been clearer.

Keep grasping at straws and pulling straw man and non sequitors. I'd continue the argument, but you lost all credibility when you mentioned Valve can somehow violate the EULA that Valve created. (Since you want to be a nitpicker, you also mentioned all EULA state that you can't do what people like Garry are doing, even though I posted a line from Half-Life 2's EULA that stated straight up that the EULA can be modified under written consent with the Licensor, which is Valve).

It doesn't help when you ignore huge parts posts. You bring in, and continue to mention, mods like Counterstrike as examples of needing to pay money for to play a mod, but just like prior to Half-Life's release, no money was required to play Counterstrike. All you had to do was own Half-Life, just like always. Many, many people legally played Counterstrike and never had to buy it. If you owned Half-Life, you could continue to play Counterstrike, free of cost.

Not surprisingly, it's still that way.

On a final note, rather than discussing the point after I clarified I was indeed talking about mods, you persist on pointing out that I wasn't talking about mods. You could have continued the discussion with the clarification given, but rather insisted on pushing the issue. To the point where you brought it outside the thread that it was taking place in. Show me one piece of crap, low quality, unpopular mod that went retail.

Better yet, and perhaps more importantly, show me a mod that became completely unplayable unless you paid for that mod. Because Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra (which pretty much exhausts the list of mods that went retail), and even Garry's mod, can all be played for free, simply by owning a copy of game that they were modded on.

Edited by alanschu

I disagree. I certainly didn't proclaim that Valve violates its own EULA :D

It's kind of entertaining in a perverse way. Kind of like waiting for what he'll say next.

Building up a list of quotable quotes :(