Game Critics Awards: Best of E3

Stories aren't linked, words aren't related...  They are not sequels, just games in an on going series.

So Oblivion and Morrowind are completely independant of each other, right? :-

But you do find DX and DX:IW sequels... even though the entire game-machanic got changed and raped...

At least the world is the same in Oblivion/Morrowind, as well as Deus Ex.

No.  Hell, can't you see the land of Morrowind on the Oblivion world map?

Can't you see the chars/monsters/clans/areas of FF (enter number here) in FF (enter an other number here)? :-"

Like I have pointed out many times...

Examples : FFII's "Promised Land" has nothing to do with FVII's "Promised Land." The "Ancients" are a different group of people in every FF they are mentioned in, again the groups are not related in any way.

Same goes for everything else that might be common in FFs.

From what I have heard Morrowind in Morrowind is alive and Morrowind in Oblivion is a dead place overrun with Daedra and totally demolished and such...

Ah well...

Also the "dark brotherhood" changed quite alot between the 2 versions... same with "Mage guild"; "fighters guild", "blades" etc. :-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No.  Hell, can't you see the land of Morrowind on the Oblivion world map?

Can't you see the chars/monsters/clans/areas of FF (enter number here) in FF (enter an other number here)? :-"

Like I have pointed out many times...

Examples : FFII's "Promised Land" has nothing to do with FVII's "Promised Land." The "Ancients" are a different group of people in every FF they are mentioned in, again the groups are not related in any way.

Same goes for everything else that might be common in FFs.

From what I have heard Morrowind in Morrowind is alive and Morrowind in Oblivion is a dead place overrun with Daedra and totally demolished and such...

Ah well...

Also the "dark brotherhood" changed quite alot between the 2 versions... same with "Mage guild"; "fighters guild", "blades" etc. :-

Story reviving the issue. <_<

They are not related in any way and the stories don't even take place in the same universe. They are recycled concepts that have nothing to do with their previews incarnation.

As for Morrowind/Oblivion, they take place in the same world and that is enough.

Okay, let's try some other games. Sequels or not?

C&C and Red Alert

GTA3 and VC and SA

Total Annihilation and Total Annihilation:Kingdom

Age of Empires and Age of Mythology

UT2K3 and UT2K4, compared to UT

Sims and Sims2

Dungeon Siege 1 and 2

NWN 1 and 2

Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2

Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle

Dreamfall and The Longest Journey

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Only played Half Life 1 and 2on that list.

I would call it a sequel. The effects of the first game are clear in HL2 not to mention the main character.

EDIT - I already said I believed NWN2 to be a sequel as well. Since both games take place in the same world and signs of that are clear.

Edited by Haitoku

Ummm, of those only HL 1 and 2 and Dreamfall and TLJ are sequential.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"I already said I believed NWN2 to be a sequel as well. Since both games take place in the same world"

Llyr disproves your theory unless you are suggesting IWD was a sequel to Bg which was a sequel to POR1?

Hmmm...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I already said I believed NWN2 to be a sequel as well. Since both games take place in the same world"

Llyr disproves your theory unless you are suggesting IWD was a sequel to Bg which was a sequel to POR1?

Hmmm...

:wacko:

I don't know how things work in your crazy CRPG world, all I know is that each Final Fantasy game does not follow the same continuality...