Game Banshee NWN2 E3 Article!

"Are you saying that your history in one town gives you the same rep in another town?"

Alignment does NOT equal reputation.

"Alignment is nothing more than reputation."

False. False. False. Do you even play D&D?

Alignment is your moral code. And, none of this 'real world black and white everyone is gray' pooo poo attitude.

Alignment is your moral code.

Reputation is your reputation.

Both NWN, and (according to Obsidian) NWN2 as well, have both an alignment and reputation system.

If alignment simply = rep why would they both with 2 different systems?

Your logic here is horrendous. That is unusual for Eldar the Excellent! :rolleyes:

"Having someone tell me that his history makes him the paragon of goodness while he acts out the role of a wretched villain doesn't make him evil."

Yo, McFly, in this situation, the perosn's alignment would CHANGE. Alignment is NOT static.

Gah. D&D Noobs. :ph34r:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ahem... paladins?

You are dealing with 3rd edition rules, any alignment goes.

No. You really have no clue about 3e or 3.5e do you. There are still alignment restrictions on classes. Paladins still have to be LG. Monks still have to be Lawful in alignment. Druids and Bards have to be some sort of neutral in alignment, and Barbarians cannot be lawful. If you are going to comment on a rules system know what the hell you are talking about first.

Edited by Judge Hades

Hey, there was too much love. hahaha.

I told you you'd help. :Eldar's sharing an inside joke with Vol icon:

However, I am serious that I hate alignment. I don't see any real way to get rid of it, since it's established in the rules. It's embedded in the rules like a steel post in a foundation of cement.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ahem... paladins?

You are dealing with 3rd edition rules, any alignment goes.

No. You really have no clue about 3e or 3.5e do you. There are still alignment restrictions on classes. Paladins still have to be LG. Monks still have to be Lawful in alignment. Druids and Bards have to be some sort of neutral in alignment, and Barbarians cannot be lawful. If you are going to comment on a rules system know what the hell you are talking about first.

Yeah clueless wonder, it's not like I have 3rd edition rule books laying around collecting dust.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"I told you you'd help. :Eldar's sharing an inside joke with Vol icon:"

Heh. :D I seriously doubt that obsidian changed this because of me. I'll share a little secret with you - Obsidian doesn't like me, and they simply tolerate my prescence. :) I doubt, again, that they chnaged this or would change anything because of me... nor would I expect them to.

"However, I am serious that I hate alignment."

Of course you do. It's easy to hate soemthing you don't understand. Considering the fact you confuse alignment with repuation it';s not surprising at all.

"Hey, there was too much love. hahaha."

We can disagree with each other loudly and rudely, and still :) each other. :">

Raven wrote: "Evil alignments have no moral codes, they lack morals altogether."

R00fles! :D You win. :)

Edited by Volourn

Alignment rocks :)

I love to see the game track my actions :) (like PS:T)

Don't get me wrong, if it's there I'd like to see it play a role in the game. However, I'd like to see it gone. There are 8 possible alignments for a sentient being? Give me a break.

Alignment makes no sense. In a general way, we can describe each other as good or evil. Sure. That's not the half of it, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not equating alignment with reputation. I was mostly joking, but I am serious in that I'd like to see alignment scrapped in favor of reputation.

Obsidian Plays

"There are 8 possible alignments for a sentient being?"

Please (I know you won't :) ) stop talking about alignment. Your errors are compounded.

Those "8" alignments as you put it are a general coverage of one's alignemnt and encompass many nuances. They're not specifc details.

One LG character cana ct completely differently than another LG character and still be LG, fterall. :)

Edited by Volourn

Alignment rocks :)

I love to see the game track my actions :) (like PS:T)

Don't get me wrong, if it's there I'd like to see it play a role in the game. However, I'd like to see it gone. There are 8 possible alignments for a sentient being? Give me a break.

Alignment makes no sense. In a general way, we can describe each other as good or evil. Sure. That's not the half of it, though.

Alignment makes perfect sense.

I think the problem is most people see it as 9 colored blocks on a table, rather than what it is... 9 points on a moral compass.

DnD's alignment system is about absolutes.... but the 9 alignments work well when you play them as degrees of Order, Chaos, Neutrality, Good and Evil.

What other moral points are there than those basic 5?

And to be honest, you can remove Neutrality since it's merely a balance between Order/Chaos and Good/Evil... rather than it's own designation.