Question on Changing Walk Speed

Hello.

Trying KOTOR II on the PC for the first time since playing it on the XBox. I figured that the crisp graphics on the PC version was worth it. And I played "goodie two-shoes" on the console version, so now I can have a bit more fun with things this time around.

Great to find a forum on this game still alive and kicking!

Well, the title says it, basically. How does one change the walk speed in the config files (the <W + 2> key combination)? I find that the main character walks a bit too fast for my tastes, and I 'd rather it not look like a speeded-up film while he walks. Especially once he begins wearing robed garments.

If I want him to hurry someplace, I'll have him run. Otherwise, I would really prefer the dramatic and rather cool looking slow, confident stroll that he does!

Thanks. >_<

I know for a fact that in the PC version of KotOR 1, you can hold the "B" button to make the character walk.

Im not sure if its still in KotOR 2 or not, and I doubt it will work for an X-Box, considering it was in a patch for KotOR 1. But then again I dont have an XBox...

There was a patch that added a walk key for KOTOR 1, but even then the character's walking pace was very rapid. KOTOR 2 shipped with a keystroke for walking the main character - holding <W + 2>.

My question is how does one tweak a setting in the game's config files to reduce the walking pace of the main character. The default walking pace - at least for my personal tastes - is way too fast, and looks silly. Again, if I'm in a hurry I can just have the character run. If not, then a slower, more realistic looking walking pace would be more immersive.

Thanks again! :D

I thought most people thought the walk speed was too slow, hence why alot of people use force speed to get across maps faster :-

Well, I must be one of the oddballs who play the game simply to experience what the game has to offer, rather than to hurry the story through just to see what happens at the end. For me, it's the journey more so than the destination.

At any rate, the question still stands. Someone must know the answer... :-

I also like to relax around and see the (hopefully) improvements from KOTOR 1 and also to not be the only 3 people on Nar Shadaa who are running! Think about...you're walking down the street when a young guy in these Jedi-looking robes, and old woman with no visible eyes in a robe, and some other blind girl (once again in robes) run past you on the street carrying lightsabers! I'd get my butt outta there.

I also like to relax around and see the (hopefully) improvements from KOTOR 1 and also to not be the only 3 people on Nar Shadaa who are running! Think about...you're walking down the street when a young guy in these Jedi-looking robes, and old woman with no visible eyes in a robe, and some other blind girl (once again in robes) run past you on the street carrying lightsabers!  I'd get my butt outta there.

So true. :D

manthing2.jpg

I remember asking the devs to tweak the walk animation to a more realistic-looking speed while the game was still in development. As you can see, that was not a priority. When the game was released, I searched for a mod that did it, to no avail. Eventually, I tried to make the mod myself, editing some files that seemed to control character animations. For some reason, the game ignored the changes made to those files, which leads me to believe that it's hard-coded. I don't think such a mod exists. If you find it though, be sure to let me know.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I remember asking the devs to tweak the walk animation to a more realistic-looking speed while the game was still in development. As you can see, that was not a priority. When the game was released, I searched for a mod that did it, to no avail. Eventually, I tried to make the mod myself, editing some files that seemed to control character animations. For some reason, the game ignored the changes made to those files, which leads me to believe that it's hard-coded. I don't think such a mod exists. If you find it though, be sure to let me know.

Should have clocked those guys in the back of the head with a paperweight or something to get them to listen to you!

> BOINK < "Hey! He's walking too fast, dammit!"

Well, I'll tear up the config and see what I can find out, and if I strike oil, I'll be sure to notify you.