DM Client planned for same day as NWN2 release

"Don't tell Bioware this. "

Bioware, like Obsidian, have no problem 'owning' up to their mistakes. To say otherwise is to spread falsehood.

"I make no excuses for Obsidian. They know they messed up and they are working to solve their mistakes. That is more than some people."

100% agree. That is cool of you. :cool:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm paraphrasing what they posted... unless you are saying they're posting lies? :(

I haven't seen anything about them commenting about it being horrible project mismanagement either.

Your "proof" is that they stated it wouldn't need work. Which was prior to annoying little things like engine rewrites. Not surprisingly, when they change large parts of the engine (which was not originally planned), the original plan of not needing to work on the DM Client was no longer the case.

We're both making educated guesses based on the information provided.

It's always different you do it, Vol. That's only your reasonable nature. When others do the same thing, it's obviously on account of their unreasonable nature.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eldar: :)

Alanshu: :)

P.S. Eldar, I never said I was the most reasonable guy; but ti's more reasonable to 'go off like a 'madman' on facts given to us by the devs themselves than some 2nd string translation by a message board that makes a habit of twisting things to make them sound worst than they are. :("

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Paint me unreasonable. Although I have to say I wasn't worried so much about the rumor as the lack of response. On the other hand, we did get a response. We got a few responses. No need to keep after the poor folks.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Over the river and through the woods, to Offtopic land we go!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

They should ad in some addtional functionality. Will NWN 2 have dual monitor support? If so the DM, while the party is in one area, could work on another area that needs last minute adjustments due to what the PCs do. PCs can be an unpredictable lot.