NWN 2 DM Client will not ship with the game

I read it... I just find it hypocritcal BS.

Advocating a dev. for cutting content for later release is yet another step on the path of the downfall of the PC-gaming industries.

And I am sure they will give us the DM client in a day or 2... :shifty:

Maybe if they are cute it only costs $1.99 :rolleyes:

Oh, and I was planning on getting NWN2 before OE announced all this mess like the gameplay time and horse thingies and now this...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Advocating a dev. for cutting content for later release is yet another step on the path of the downfall of the PC-gaming industries.

And I am sure they will give us the DM client in a day or 2...  :shifty:

Maybe if they are cute it only costs $1.99  :rolleyes:

I'm not advocating the decision. I merely pointed out the logical fallacy you appear to have fallen into...sort of like a pit with smooth walls in your case.

They will release the DM Client. Either buy the game when it comes out, or wait until the Client comes. They are not going to hold back the completed single player and tool set, just because one feature isn't ready.

Waiting a bit longer IS going to happen for those who want the DMC, but it'd be the same amount of time if Obs held the game back. What part of that is hypocritical?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

And I am sure they will give us the DM client in a day or 2...  :shifty:

Maybe if they are cute it only costs $1.99  :rolleyes:

Hmm, they have to release it by a certain time (they want food for the family) -- what should they do.. release it buggy and broken or release it feature incomplete? I vote for feature incomplete.. it's not as good as releasing it feature complete (and not buggy), but considering the options they have, I think the way they're going is a smart move.

I never said it was a good thing that the feature wasn't in the release. But to me, it's much better to get it later then to get a broken feature and have it patched later.

Waiting a bit longer IS going to happen for those who want the DMC, but it'd be the same amount of time if Obs held the game back. What part of that is hypocritical?

The part where you are perfectly happy that game-devs cut out pieces of them game cause they can give it for download later...

Remember; I never advocated the pushing back of the date to give a total product, I just find it absolute nonsense one part has to wait an additional time to do what they wan't despite it being a SELLER POINT and MAIN FUNCTION/FEATURE OF THE GAME

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

The part where you are perfectly happy that game-devs cut out pieces of them game cause they can give it for download later...

Remember; I never advocated the pushing back of the date to give a total product, I just find it absolute nonsense one part has to wait an additional time to do what they wan't despite it being a SELLER POINT and MAIN FUNCTION/FEATURE OF THE GAME

Thank you for typing text into my internet "mouth". I never said I was happy about it. Just stating the facts.

That part does not have to wait an additional time they would get it in the same amount of time, either way. How many times do I have to say that, man? Seriously now. :rolleyes:

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I am not going to buy an incomplete game.  No DM Client, no purchase.

Hahahaaha.

If they don't have time to polish the DM client, fair enough. Plus the dudes said they may release a patch containing it. No water off my back.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Then OE should have done some better managing and when they noticed one feature was falling behind put some more effort behind that one to get it back to the same point. If that was going despite the other features it only helped lessen the gap faster...

This way is just not acceptable in my eyes.

^

Then OE should have done some better managing and when they noticed one feature was falling behind put some more effort behind that one to get it back to the same point. If that was going despite the other features it only helped lessen the gap faster...

I like how everything is so simple.

I like how everything is so simple.

Shades of grey are overrated. :rolleyes:

- Everlast

well thank the the gods your eyes don't really matter at all. seriously, you're being ridiculous. if you don't like it, fine, don't buy the game. you make it sound like you're being forced to do something, when you're not.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Yeah... as simple as;

"It is not yet finished... we now go party upon your money. You get your DM Client at an unannounced time. Let's say soon. Oh, you heard what soon means with Obsidianites? Right... we gonna have a nice vacation. Chiao!"

Fans:

"Oh yes. We would love to wait. If the producers forced this upon you guys who would have cried havoc, but since you guys decide it it must rock. It was not important anyway... come on, 30% is so unimportant compared to me and the rest of the 70%. We are the "larger group" so you should listen to us; even if we despite if you make something for the majority of gamers instead of specilising on something original that does not sell well"

^

Yeah... as simple as;

"It is not yet finished... we now go party upon your money. You get your DM Client at an unannounced time. Let's say soon. Oh, you heard what soon means with Obsidianites? Right... we gonna have a nice vacation. Chiao!"

Fans:

"Oh yes. We would love to wait. If the producers forced this upon you guys who would have cried havoc, but since you guys decide it it must rock. It was not important anyway... come on, 30% is so unimportant compared to me and the rest of the 70%. We are the "larger group" so you should listen to us; even if we despite if you make something for the majority of gamers instead of specilising on something original that does not sell well"

aren't we being selfish...what rights do you think you have to demand anything of a game developer? you can whine and bitch as much as you want, but it's not gonna make any difference.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

One last time.

The current release plan does not make those who want the DM client wait any longer than they would if they game were released with it. How is there any way to argue against that? It's just...fact.

Why should that 70% wait additional time for content they're actually interested in, when the 30% doesn't?

- Everlast

Guess not... but it is funny to see how much things you lovely swallow down from OE even if the things they propose are outposterous... and are also called like that when an other company (pref. producer) does it.

Ofcourse we are on the OE boards and I expect alot of fans to be here; but the amount of game raping you guys find perfectly normal from this Dev. makes me sick...

Everything winded around with a silk lining... OE pretty well knows what is best. YEAH; best for them... that does not have to mean best for us. And if you take a hefty degrade in game integrity and quality for nothing as a good deal for both you and the dev. go ahead... but I won't...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Imagine buying a car with no seats and the dealer saying:

"Oh it's okay, it still drives... we may put them in later"

Same principle tbh... except in this case it's the steering wheel missing.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Imagine buying a car with no seats and the dealer saying:

"Oh it's okay, it still drives... we may put them in later"

Same principle tbh... except in this case it's the steering wheel missing.

Then buy the car once those features have been put in, rather than purchasing a broken product. :rolleyes:

- Everlast

Then buy the car once those features have been put in, rather than purchasing a broken product.  :rolleyes:

There should have never been a "broken product".

Hear how you call NWN2's release copy? BROKEN. I rest my case...

Guess what, we're as selfish as you guys

Hades might wan't to pull back the Release date I just wan't the same releasedate for the Full package. Don't need to send everything a month back... just make sure it is all finished at shipping time... if you can't; you do not deserve the cash we shell out...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

If this is true, then it really sucks.

Rushing products is not the way to get things done and I honestly did not think Obsidian would consider it again after the hole KOTOR II ordeal.

How about not rushing the game by delaying the development of the DM client to meet deadlines?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I called the car broken. NWN 2 is fine, but missing a feature. :)

And in order to rest one's case, one must first have a case.

- Everlast

If this is true, then it really sucks.

Rushing products is not the way to get things done and I honestly did not think Obsidian would consider it again after the hole KOTOR II ordeal.

How about not rushing the game by delaying the development of the DM client to meet deadlines?

I don't know about you, but cutting out one aspect of the game just to finish another is nonsense. It's part of the NWN experience, that's it.