Some very good news!!! (Original SW Movies on DVD)

i agree... i hated the ewoks even more than i hated disciple and the remote.  and that's saying a lot.  i thought it was rather far-fetched (even for star wars!) that a bunch of teddy bears could beat the same army that, just a little over two decades ago, defeated entire droid armies.  granted, they may not have been clones, but their training could not have gotten that bad.

True, but in George's defense, the Empire didn't send its entire army after the Ewoks. There weren't really that many troops there, so I could see it being possible. Unlikely, but possible.

(Though for the record, I'm not a fan of the Ewoks either. And the fact that they seemed willing to eat R2-D2 doesn't really compliment their intellect.)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Yes... Wookiees would definitely have been able to tackle those troops, no question.

As for George putting cute things into the movies for his kids, just be happy that the boys from NSYNC didn't make the final cut in Episode II.

Edited by Silvershadow

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

And how! In fact, as we speak, I'm waiting for my Imperial icon watch to ship from StarWars.com.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I'll buy them ... if for no other reason than I have almost everything else (and I haven't seen the 1977 version of "Star Wars" ... not "Episode IV: A New Hope" in almost 29 years).

Yep - George's marketing pogues have me hooked ... for example - my wife bought me a lightsaber for my birthday ... it sits in a place of honor on my momemto's wall

In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie and, as bonus material, the theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983.

Translation: "In response to overwelming greed ... ", that said, the original versions ARE better, and not just because Solo shot first.

Not to compare GL with them or anything, but now that Goethe's been quoted it might be safe to say this: Certain composers (Brahms foremost) kept working on finished compositions in order to refine them further. The thing is, this usually took place before publication. It's rare indeed that published compositions got substantially altered; but you do have some notable examples. There are two versions of Wagner's Flying Dutchman, for instance, one in 'number-opera' format----the way he had to stage it----and one in 'continuous drama format'----the way he intended it to be. The second version is (rightly) taken to be the canonical. Mind you I'm not comparing all this with GL; but it's not 'a law of the arts' (?!) that the finished product can *never* be changed.

Da Vinci, when not working on his cipher for an airport thriller, kept working on The Most Famous Painting In History

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

wookies wouldnt need a bowcaster to take out some stormies, they would just need to jump on them. seriously stormies got pwned by ewoks and their small pebbles that they where throwing, and the half-ass spears

Thing that I hate in Rotj! :huh:

As small kid I seriously liked that scene. Spooky.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)