General Game Help

Heh...got your attention. No, I don't have a link to some amazing site which helps with every game and its problems...

I did, however, have the not-so-bright idea to start a thread specifically devoted to posting problems you may be having in a game, with others either giving advice, or links to advice.

Why? I can.

To start things off...

In Bloodlines, I seem to be having a problem I can't find the answer to...I keep getting a CTD every time I enter a building in Downtown then exit it. Any building. No matter how much time I spend in there, or what I do in the interim between entering and leaving.

I'm confused. And annoyed. Definitely annoyed.

So any aid would be appreciated. :lol:

Feel free to ask and answer questions of your own.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Patched it? If so you may have to reinstall it. I have gone through this game without encountering game killing bugs, until the reinstall I did. I could not enter Vesuvius without it crashing. I forgot to install the patch. I pated it and ended up starting another game.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Nope, it's patched, and it does the same thing in three different games. But hell, may as well reinstall anyway. Thanks. ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Bloodlines. A game that could ahve been one of the best ever but slipped into averageness due to supe rbugs and horrible, horrrible, horrible combat.

As for your problem, your only chocie is to continue trying and get lucky and sneaking past the CTD or stop playing.

Good luck. :luck:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Try re-installing. Worked for me with my problem.

Anywho, 'nother Bloodlines question. Spoiler tags, just for Mr. Meta.

After Grout's Mansion, is it possible to...I dunno...not sell Nines out? I'm trying to be Anarch and this sort of doesn't fit.

- Everlast

Well, damn. :lol:

I can still go Anarch later on though, right?

- Everlast

God of War.

I just entered the Challenge of Atlas.

Right after a save point you enter this room full of undead warriors with some archers on ledges. Those are not a problem.

The Gorgons then pop out of the ground and start stone-raying me like crazy. I can take a few of them out with Artemis' sword and L1+Square, I don't bother with the neck break cuz my brain ain't fast enough to execute the command that is on the creen for 1/4 of a second(I'm old)...

And that's where I'm stuck. I can't seem to get past those darn Gorgons.

Any help?

Please?

God of War.

I just entered the Challenge of Atlas.

Right after a save point you enter this room full of undead warriors with some archers on ledges. Those are not a problem.

The Gorgons then pop out of the ground and start stone-raying me like crazy. I can take a few of them out with Artemis' sword and L1+Square, I don't bother with the neck break cuz my brain ain't fast enough to execute the command that is on the creen for 1/4 of a second(I'm old)...

And that's where I'm stuck. I can't seem to get past those darn Gorgons.

Any help?

Please?

posidon's wrath is good... or the army of the dead.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How do I find the Framerate in Oblivion? I'm thinking about installing the Omega drivers for my wife's Radeon 9800 pro. Will it be worth it and what are the risks?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I use Omega drivers ... (they have the built-in framerate readout in the top right hand corner, colour-coded red for low (sub 25fps) and yellow for acceptable) ... I find it better than the official ATi ones, primarily because the ATi drivers aren't fully functional on a lapto ...

Certainly no damage can be done, and you can always rollback the driver. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How do I find the Framerate in Oblivion?  I'm thinking about installing the Omega drivers for my wife's Radeon 9800 pro.  Will it be worth it and what are the risks?

Open the console with thr tilde key and type tdt, or download FRAPS.

As for the Omega drivers, listen to Meta.

- Everlast

- Everlast