Ferret is a Biowarian!!

Volourn

Of course some of the troika peeps migrated to Obsidian.

ANway, I am sure Ferret will be fine at Bioware.  He just needs to be careful with Woo.  I think he has anger management issues for he can hold a grudge for a very very very very very very very very very very long time.

Bioware is on my good list and I am glad Mr. Ferret went there than another company.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I think Blizzard is one of the highest quality developers out there.

THey're still supporting Starcraft with new patches, and it's 8 years old! They offered a free online playing service for their games as well.

Excellent production values on their games too.

Edited by alanschu

They have yet made a good game.

Stop being obtuse. I don't like the Sims, but I can still recognize that it's a good game. I don't like High Heat Baseball games, but I can still recognize that they are good games.

Pretty much every game that Blizzard has made has been a good game. Including the ones I don't like, like Warcraft 2.

It's no surprise that Starcraft is one of the best selling games of all time, on any platform. **** games don't sell 9 million copies, and become the second best selling PC game ever.

"I don't like High Heat Baseball games, but I can still recognize that they are good games."

Too bad they aren't. :ninja:

P.S. I'm not a big fan of Blizzard but their games don't suck. Diablo1, for example, is a fun little scrimmage.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Enter The Matrix sold something like 2.5 million.

Was it a good game?

How does one objectively label a game good or not? Popularity, stability?

As best we can with the information provided. Critical acclaim, mixed with sales, is a pretty strong argument. If a game is considered by major publications on every Top game of all time list, in addition to public opinion.

Do many people, as well as publications, consider Enter the Matrix as one of the greatest games of all time?

from what I remember Enter got a lukewarm reception from reviewers.

It sold quite a bit becauase it was a piece of the merchandising campaign of one of the best sci fi flicks of recent times.

gameplay was... unique. not good unique not bad unique... just unique.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Enter the Matric was a mediocre title with a fantastic hype-machine behind it. The marketing was much better than the actual game.

Anyhow, on topic:

I'm not saying they owe us anything. They don't have to tell us anything and apparently they aren't going to either. I just think it's common practice to inform the interested parties about changes within the company that can have an effect on the products they produce. Not every little change/event has to be classified as Top Secret, although that does indeed seem to be The American Way.

I am on this board because I recognize the talent hiding behind the Obsidian company name. I am here because I am interested in having a dialogue with the names behind the most promising RPG development team in the business today (except, perhaps, Piranha Bytes, where the language barrier is proving to be quite an obstacle.. I suck at english, but I absolutely blow at german).

I am still hoping that I will find out what drives these men, what their motivations are behind their design choices, the obstacles they have to face and overcome, their inspiration and muses (not sure what that's called in plural), the dynamics within the group, the reason why Duct Tape Man became the Duct Tape Man, all that sort of stuff. I even get this perverted joy from reading what these guys appreciate and dislike from other developers titles. So far it's been a disappointment, but at least I have a couple of hundred german Piranha Bytes posts to filter through babelfish. That undecipherable drivel keeps me busy during my bored moments.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They tend to post here when they have a game focused here.

For example until the NWN2 boards were moved, the devs made many posts.

I'm sure when they ..........finally............. get their own games started, they'll post on their forum again.

Plus, you forgot the QA guy ;)