What are you playing now...

Darque

The A.I. is terrible; stand and shoot. It looks like a slightly better version of Doom 3. Not as dark, which is a plus, and yes, you get flashlights on guns (The pistol and MG) so no duct tape mod needed.

Decent shooter.

Guess I will save that $29.99 for something else. I am not really into FPS but thought I would give it a try.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The A.I. is terrible; stand and shoot. It looks like a slightly better version of Doom 3. Not as dark, which is a plus, and yes, you get flashlights on guns (The pistol and MG) so no duct tape mod needed.

Decent shooter.

Guess I will save that $29.99 for something else. I am not really into FPS but thought I would give it a try.

That's a good choice.

Quake's a horror game?

Typical sci-fi crap... Seems to have a lengthy story, but I never played any Quake games before, so it was all rubbish to me.

Quake 4 is a decent demonbasher, but if you are waiting for something tactical or marinery, it's going to be a let down. I mean, sure changing to the very thing you are killing is a interesting twist, which could have had lengthy repecussions, but noooo...now you can read Stroggs computer screens and that's it.

It's way better than Doom 3 though, thanks to the macho-militaristic attitude and guns that matter.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Typical sci-fi crap...  Seems to have a lengthy story, but I never played any Quake games before, so it was all rubbish to me.

Which explains why you don't know what you're talking about.

The Quake games changed FPS forever: they married great technology and narrative AND great sound track (music by Rob Zombie and Sonic Mayhem); Quake 3 Arena is STILL one of the top three online shooters.

FWIIW, Quake 4 is okay, and I'm enjoying playing it. It is MUCH better than Doom 3 (I have the expansion on order: picked it up for

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Quake 1 had a Nine Inch Nails soundtrack, I think.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's the atmosphere and ambiance that sold CoD for me. There's a demo you can download if you're not willing to spend the money on something you're unsure of.

Edited by alanschu

It's more a point of personal interest ... my father fought in both theatres of WW2, so I'm about as familiar as I want to be with the conflict, AND I don't particularly enjoy the "kill the N4z1z0rz!!!1" theme of games.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Quake games changed FPS forever: they married great technology and narrative AND great sound track (music by Rob Zombie and Sonic Mayhem); Quake 3 Arena is STILL one of the top three online shooters.

You forgot NIN. :-

Good to see my previous post was completely ignored... <_ src="//s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forums.obsidian.net/emoticons/default_wacko.png" alt=":wacko:">

Heja Sverige!!

You forgot NIN. :)

Good to see my previous post was completely ignored... <_< :thumbsup:

Oops, sorry. At lunch right now, and trying to cram in as much info and debating as I can. My apologies (and good catch).

Mommy, a mod is being mean to me! :'(

I've been playing Civ4, by the way. Saladin for the win!

Heja Sverige!!

If you want to play a Shoot 'em up like the old days play Painkiller.

Amazingly Great levelbuild (hard to call a name with better), even when being 2 years old still looking great (IMO), lovely physics, crazy multi-functional weaponry and *ofcourse* LOADS of action...

EDIT: Let's add cool music to the list seeing the current discussion :thumbsup:

Mommy, a mod is being mean to me! :'(

Let's play "how long 'till that is deleted... I guess 10 min.

Oh, and now deganawida starts about it; ontopicness:

SILVER

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee